close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What a day to forget the camera!

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Fastlane, Jul 26, 2004.

1. Fastlane

Fastlane Fishless as usual

Went to my honey pond Sunday with the wife and my 4 year old. We fished for about 2 hrs and caught numerous large gills. The highlights were 2 fold though. My wife caught here PB largemouth which I am guessing was about 5 lbs. Thin but 23" long! She was soooo excited. Then my 4 year old got a weird bite. The bobber slowly went down and stayed there. She began reeling in with all her might and was slowly making progress. I was patiently coaching her until I saw this HUGE head and front claws. SHe had hooked a big snapping turtle. This thing must have been 15 lbs! The hook finally straightend out and it got away but she was happy. Then 10 minutes later she hooked another (what I thought was a turtle) and was fighting to get it in. I was on the other side of the pond and was in no hurry to help her get the turtle in when all of a sudden the water broke! Big bass! I ran around the pond and helped her get it in. It was 19" long, (bigger than any I'd caught that day). Talk about a smile from ear to ear. This was the first trip this year I forgot the camera too!

2. itroll2

itroll2 fishin IS heaven on earth

sorry you 4got the camera. BUT that IS a memory you will have 4 life. even though they both out fished you it only means you were a great teacher. my wife printed this & stuck on the fridge. we keep a instant camera in the jeep and the boat.

3. catking

catking Banned

Nice to see you and the family getting out Thomas ;) I bet the wife was really thrilled. Heck, I would be :D Thanks for sharing......... THE CATKING !!!

4. Bass_Hawg

Bass_Hawg Certified Hawg Master

Hey that was a great post and I bet an even better day than expected. Nice fish.

5. rockbass

rockbass Banned

That is great for your wife and your girl! Too bad you did not have the camera. But hey, you and your family has memories to last a long time! I bet that really just made your girl into a fisherwoman or I should say, fishergirl! :p It is trips like that that make the kids into what we already are. Fishing Fanatics! :p

6. It's always great to hear about a day like that. I know that when my daughter has a great catch I'm even happier than when I do. Great post.

7. Great story, Fastlane. We just had a daughter (2 mo old now). I can't wait until we can get a pole in her hand.

8. Fastlane

Fastlane Fishless as usual

I really don't mind being outfished by the ladies. It just insures future outings with them :) I did catch more fish than they did though if that counts for anything. And from the looks of things in the Eagle Creek outting post, looks like they may be out fishing me again this weekend. My wife loves catching carp.