close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What a day of fishing!!!

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Fishpro, May 5, 2004.

1. Fishpro

Fishpro Northcoast Madman

Today was one of those days you wish you could have everyday! I started out by the Marblehead lighthouse trying for carp with the flyrod, I didn`t catch any carp but I did manage five smallmouth buffalo that were crusing the shallows with the carp, all on a small brown muddler minnow, those things are a blast! Then, this evening, I went to a local marina for crappies and I got five nice crappies along with 25 or so largemouth and smallmouth bass, all released ( I`ll be back tomorrow with a bucket for those crappies! :D ), with the biggest smallmouth being around five pounds, the last fish I caught for the evening. Today made up for all the bad days I had this spring without a doubt!! :D

2. Fishpro

Oh yeah, all the marina fish came on a 1/16 oz. chartruse crappie jig with a spinner.

3. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

Sounds like a great day!
    I was stuck at work...lol

4. I'm gonna hit Ruggles tomorrow and hope I have as much luck as you. :D

5. Sounds like you had a great day! They're fun when you get 'em!

I'm hoping for similar results Saturday at West Branch with the slab crappie.

Nice job.

Carl

6. CoolWater

CoolWater Multi-Species Fanatic

sounds like a great day!

7. CountryKat

CountryKat Fish On!!!

I need a day like that. :D

8. ShoreBoundOne

ShoreBoundOne lengthy Member

Whe are you gonna take me?? Great Day Buddy!!

Mitch

9. Fishpro

Mitch, sent you a PM.

10. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Sounds like a great day, you lucky northerners and your big ol' smallies!

11. Fishpro

Well, I got a couple of nice crappies today out of the marina and a nice largemouth full of eggs about four pounds, nothing like yesterday though, you`ll have that when your sharing the place with four other fisherman. One thing I`ve noticed though, I`ve caught a buch of small bass (3-6") the last few days, and thats a good thing to see, Looks like the bass have been having good spawns the last couple of years. :D Hope it continues.