Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Northcoast Madman
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was one of those days you wish you could have everyday! I started out by the Marblehead lighthouse trying for carp with the flyrod, I didn`t catch any carp but I did manage five smallmouth buffalo that were crusing the shallows with the carp, all on a small brown muddler minnow, those things are a blast! Then, this evening, I went to a local marina for crappies and I got five nice crappies along with 25 or so largemouth and smallmouth bass, all released ( I`ll be back tomorrow with a bucket for those crappies! :D ), with the biggest smallmouth being around five pounds, the last fish I caught for the evening. Today made up for all the bad days I had this spring without a doubt!! :D

·
Northcoast Madman
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh yeah, all the marina fish came on a 1/16 oz. chartruse crappie jig with a spinner.

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
Sounds like you had a great day! They're fun when you get 'em!

I'm hoping for similar results Saturday at West Branch with the slab crappie.

Nice job.

Carl

·
Northcoast Madman
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, I got a couple of nice crappies today out of the marina and a nice largemouth full of eggs about four pounds, nothing like yesterday though, you`ll have that when your sharing the place with four other fisherman. One thing I`ve noticed though, I`ve caught a buch of small bass (3-6") the last few days, and thats a good thing to see, Looks like the bass have been having good spawns the last couple of years. :D Hope it continues.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts