Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went out north of Conneaut around 11am today with Dad,and brother Mike.Started with dipseys and colorados and put 7 in the box then it just dried up...switched things up and put out 6 color leadcore with Yozuris and DHJs and picked up speed to around 2.0mph and it was on,14 fish in about 2 hours on the cranks.Had a triple when we put #18 in the box,had to release all 3:)Solid marks all day.Lake was awesome,just a great day on the water.Very impressed with the Yozuris,first time we have used them,great hooks,very sharp...they caught most of the fish today.great workin with you Chuck,awesome fishing today!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Nice catch,haven't used my leadcore yet this year but if I get up there this week I'm going to run them. Big boards or small ones when using leadcore?

·
Dough Boy
1,866 Posts
Great job guys hope it lays down later.

Sent from my XT907 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
"One More Time"
2,748 Posts
Great job on figuring them out! Nice pics too. That's a day your dad and bro will be talkin about for a long time.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rattletrapex,we use the small boards and the LC we used is the new suffix 832 advanced 12 lb.Much thinner and more responsive than the old style.Great to work with and it dives deeper per color than the old.Been experimenting with it this year and we are very happy with it.It has it's place on Erie for sure,especially with the deeper dive curve.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Best to come,we were back 6 colors plus 20' leader so about 200'.I estimate that to be running about 35-45' down at 2.0 mph.The new suffix 832 advanced LC runs about 6-7' per color at 2.0mph,we were more like 1.8 average. I know when fish are marking around 50' and below the 6 colors works well.

·
"I'll get the net"
1,941 Posts
Best to come,we were back 6 colors plus 20' leader so about 200'.I estimate that to be running about 35-45' down at 2.0 mph.The new suffix 832 advanced LC runs about 6-7' per color at 2.0mph,we were more like 1.8 average. I know when fish are marking around 50' and below the 6 colors works well.
Rick-Thanks for getting me to set up a couple of those leadcore rods,they work great when the fish are deep.;)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Carpetbagger,seeing all those full coolers of yours here with Yozuris is why I went out and picked up a couple.Thanks...

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Carpetbagger,seeing all those full coolers of yours here with Yozuris is why I went out and picked up a couple.Thanks...
I think I am going to have to make an investment in some this winter...but with the hot n tots, long A's, thundersticks, Reef Runners, and Husky Jerks all on the boat, I'm gonna have to buy another tray:D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
3 Posts
Rik, first off thanks for sharing all of this great info on your fishing trips. I'm still new to this site, first post ever. I was just wondering if you could tell me what size Yozuris you're using (are they deep or shallow divers), also what color patterns are working well for you? I'm taking a 3 day trip to Conneaut this week, and any info would be greatly appreciated. I love running ledcore for salmon fishing, and can't wait to try it out for walleye fishing in the central basin.
Thanks

1 - 20 of 23 Posts