close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What a bummer, Gofishin.com

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by rockbass, Sep 15, 2004.

1. rockbass

rockbass Banned

I just got on gofishin.com to look for some stuff to order. I was a bit surprised when I saw that you need a hundred dollar order to get free shipping. First time I ordered from there I think you needed 25 or 30 then the next time it was 40 then I saw 50. now it is up to 100 bucks for free shipping. normal 6.95 for orders under 100 bucks. Not bad price if your order weigh's more than a couple pounds, but if you just order some hooks or other light weight stuff, that is a rip off. I guess they are just getting to be like BPS and Cabela's with the shipping rip off. :mad:

Oh well I had to vent! :p

2. You have to figure what shipping is costing THEM these days. When they average all orders, I seriously doubt they're making money. I suppose they're lucky to break even.

3. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Yeah I know that if they would add it all together and average it out, maybe they would break even, but when you are only ordering 10 or 20 bucks worth of hooks or what not, it would only cost a buck or 2 to ship. . Now if you order a hundred or more dollars worth of stuff, 6.95 is not bad. A poor man like me can not afford to buy 100 plus at one time. That is why I wish I were closer to places like BPS and Cabela's. Well, I guess Cabela's is not that far from me now. I do know that is they have their own account with UPS which they would almost have to, the shipping is cheaper than if you were to go to a UPS store to ship something. I know because that is part of our business. We are a UPS shipping outlet amongst all the other stuff. We are charged X amount then we add a few cents to cover our time handling the packages. We are still a lot cheaper than the UPS stores and Mailboxes Etc. stores on packaging. Anyway, I understand the costs involved. :rolleyes: I know I am a dummy! :)

My main point was the fact that they went from 30 bucks for free shipping to 100. in only a matter of months. I guess maybe they realized they were losing a penny here and there. So they upped the price.

4. Try supporting the bait shops you visit for those misc. low dollar items. That would help these people stay in business. What happens when all the mom and pop shops are gone due to everyone shopping the supposedly discount mail order house?

5. rockbass

rockbass Banned

I do support these mom and pop shops as much as I can. However if I can find deals on stuff I don't normally see at other shops I go to, I will get them there!

6. There's a shop on rt.542 between Atwood lodge and Dellroy that has bass pro shops ordering with no shipping costs. If you can find 2 reasons to go fishing at Atwood or Leesville your problem is solved. I totally agree on the local baitshop theory, but your still aloud one Bass Pro order a year under that rule. :D If you come the back way over the hill, Dellroy is pretty close to you.