Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I’ve really been into crappi fishing over the last handful of years, curious to hear what’s your pb?? If you wanna share what lake and baits would be awesome but it’s on you but I’d love to hear it! Public or private? Time of year?
Mine was 16” private, 15” from skeeter, usually fall or ice….. always plastics for the kid.

·
Harry
960 Posts
I’ve crappie fished a lot. Never caught one over 15 1/2 inches. Back in the late 80’s early 90’s Kentucky lake was phenomenal for big crappie. If you got in the right place , they would run14-15 inches.

·
Fish fire food friends family
1,784 Posts
This is all from memory...so the numbers are probably <fish lie> lol.

Over 35 years ago I had an uncle that lived in solon on top of cannon hill. In backyard was a little pond which is no longer there as land has been developed.

...Anyway I caught a very large crappie using a dead 4 inch perch for bait. I remember holding it out in front of me with both hands. Best guess was over 2 pounds and around the 16 inch mark. Fish was very thick and had eggs. I released it and now that I think about it I never went back to that pond again.

Don.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
PB was 15 1/2 1 pound 10 oz caught 6/1/95 Walborn Reservoir I caught on a white Curly tail Grub on a 1/8 jig I was catching 15 and 16 inch Largemouth Bass all day with this rig when I hooked the Crappie at first hook set I thought another Bass when It broke water and I seen it was a Crappie First thought was my clothes will dry after I jump in and swim to get him because he ain't getting away

caught many 12 to 14 inchers since but you never forget your first love or biggest Crappie

·
Registered
639 Posts
These were takin from Berlin in the spring right before a massive storm front came rolling through. The one on the left was 15.5" and the other one was 14". I'm still in search for my 16", but the last couple years it's been harder to find the big girls

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sounds like my 18” one I’m searching for is gonna be tuff to find, I really wanted to put that 16 on the wall, dragged her around all day till dark and had to let her go.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sounds like my 18” one I’m searching for is gonna be tuff to find, I really wanted to put that 16 on the wall, dragged her around all day till dark and had to let her go.
Here are a few of my bigguns

Attachments

·
Registered
832 Posts
My best 15" 1.98lbs Indian lake in the spring.

Hope my partner doesn't mind but here's a few of "our fish" from the spring that he caught...
Lake Cumberland late spring 16" 2.02lbs( far right side of picture.

Decatur lake Illinois 1.80 and 1.85. Don't remember lengths but probably between 15" and 16"

1 - 20 of 88 Posts