close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Wetetnagami Report

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by McQ, Jul 18, 2004.

1. McQ

McQ Fishing Quebec

Had a wet trip, rained all three days on the 49th parallel but the fishing was steady and my partner Paul "Coot" Williams from Oshkosh WI was a treat. This boy knows his walleye fishing. The lake bite was off but we managed some decent walleye in the rivers.

Water was 63 degrees on the lake and 67 degrees in the river and every fish hooked put on a rod jerking display. The only effective rigging that consistently produced was to anchor and drop shot a #4 hook tipped with a leech or half a crawler in 6 -10 foot depths. Any area that had a feeder creek was full of fish.

We managed only a couple of fish on trolled harnesses and couldn't stir up any on cranks - a really weird bite. Water levels were 5' above norm and we watched the beach in front of the cabin disaappear by the day. When we left on Friday morning the water was lapping on the bottom step of the porch.

I'm already committed to go back in next year, this place has a massive amount of great structure and I want to experience the lake bite.

http://www.wetetnagami.com

Paul has all the pictures on his camera and will send me the file after he finishes fishing the PWT out of Cleveland next week. I'll post some of them then. For those of you handy to the PWT launch site, keep your eyes pealed for Paul - he's the boy in the Coot's Lures shirt. If you're lucky enough to bump into him, ask him a few questions. He's a fireman in his day job but lives. eats and breathes walleye 24/7.

There is a great story to tell about this trip with much fishing information that will help most of us with the finesse presentation Paul introduced me to. Stay tuned - it will be posted over the next few days.