close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

wet cell phones

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by dcross765, Aug 14, 2007.

1. For those of you out there fishing alot. I dunked a few hpones in my time. I askeed a sales rep from my carrier about waterproof hpones. At xmas time last year he said they had a new one out that was good for 30ft. down for 30mins. at 300 bucks. My last phone went thru the washer a month or so ago. The new phone went on sale for 100 bucks so i got one. The other night i was fishing and low and behold it got dropped in the river. The case it was in kept it afloat. Plucked it out of the water after long enough to get wet thru and thru. Brought it home plugged it in and bam it turned on and called out. Well worth the money I will save my money back just in insurance fees.

2. i read in a field and stream awhile back that you can put the battery in a bag of white rice it will dry it out..my buddy dropped his in the water and we tried it and the phone worked..i dont know if we were just lucky or if it really works? anyone know? or ever heard or it before?

3. Your very lucky about that case. With out it the Phone would of Sank

4. very lucky indeed i spent a 150 on this phone from verizon it is sapose to be water proof up to 100 ft dont ask me if its true or not but its been through the mud and has had been droped in some water and its still running like a champ. lol after 3 phones that have been dunked i think i made a good buy lol

5. I'm gonna have to look into one of those phones. I took a dunk last fall in the rocky while steelheading. Stepped into a hole, I'm 6'2 and didnt get close to the bottom. Good thing I had a wading belt on. Wish I had it on video, I could have made 10K plus on funniest videos. Saved the rod/reel too. More careful now. Phone was toast though.

6. bronzebackyac

bronzebackyac Crick Smallie Fisherman

I bought a pelican dry box for 20 bucks and I take it with me every time I go out. I put my keys cell phone and wallet in it and I use a caribeeer (sp) to clip it to my boat. works great. They are indestructable too.

7. Take the battery out immediatly and don't try to use it. Then put it in the oven at 150 degrees F. for 15-20 minutes when you get home.
    Works like a charm. Main thing is not trying to turn it on while it's still wet.
    BB

8. Eriesteamer

Eriesteamer BORN TO RIDE THE WAVES

I never try the bake in oven thing.better to use a hair drier then oven.this way you can touch it with finger off and on make sure your not over heating it.and watch it dry.after you do get dry would let it cool an hour.heat is not good for these or and electronic thing.hope then it is OK

9. yea. i use the hair dryer too. Dropped my brand new razr in the lake off the dock. Jumped in after it and brought it home. It was on when i dropped it so i figured it shorted out. Let it dry and thankfully it turned back on.