close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Westville Lakes

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by BassCrazy, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Information for fellow anglers who are still chasin' bass & crappie:

Don't know that many of you fish this place...it's a few miles east of Alliance on Rte. 62 (between Salem and Alliance).

Friday night - 10 bass between 9 and 15 inches or so...

Sunday morning - 7 bass (fished from daybreak to 9 am) biggest fish was 3# 10 oz.

ALL RELEASED, OF COURSE!

All fish on spinnerbaits slow rolled in 5-7 feet of water.

Crappie are hitting like crazy...I've seen other guys tearin' them up. Mostly little ones though. I see a good one once in a while. They seem to hit jigs tipped with maggots much better than minnows, although both work.

Cost 2 bucks to fish (pay at Runzo's on 62)...nice place to get away for a couple of hours and bass are predictable and very easy to catch when they're on...

I'll be roaming around there fishin' the banks a few evenings this week so stop and say hello if you're out there.

GOOD FISHIN'

2. Erterbass

Erterbass Ohio Angler

Do they close down for the season? And do they draw down the reservoir for the winter?

I've fished there in the past and done well on the bass. Nice lakes!

Bob

3. They drew it down about a foot a few weeks ago, but then the storms filled it up again (about 6" anyway). Lakes have been stable level for 3-4 days.

They close the campground and the seasonal campers close up shop after Labor Day, but the boat ramps and shore fishing doesn't close.

Hope this helps and good luck if you head out...

4. How many lakes are there and are the lakes electric only ?

Unclelouie

5. There are 3 lakes. All three are connected, but the top (smallest lake) cannot be accessed by a larger boat because the concrete pad under the bridge is not deep enough. You'll have access to the two big lakes, though.

Though I have seen guys using smaller outboards to idle back and forth, I believe these lakes are electric only.

Runzo's Outdoor Sports can give you a definitive answer on this. Their number is 537-2137.

Good luck if you try it out and post how you did!

GOOD FISHIN'

Joe

6. Erterbass

Erterbass Ohio Angler

Thanks for the info, BC. I'm gonna try to get there one more time before 'hard water.' There's this underwater ledge that always seems to hold some nice bass...

I'll let you know ;)

Bob

7. Sounds good...Headed out last night for a couple hours after work (wife and kids doing the Halloween thing) and caught six, but the biggest was probably only 14" and the majority were much smaller.

Saw a guy tossin' a small crankbait land 5 fish in a span of about 20 minutes (in the middle lake). The 2 spots get beat to death by the local anglers and they are no secret but they consistently produce so I guess it makes sense!

Just some tips if anyone makes it out there. Fish are definitely on...

Good Fishin'

8. Erterbass

Erterbass Ohio Angler

I've got an idea I know the spots you're talking about ;) Catching bass this time of year is kind of a bonus so whether they're a little short or some biggun's getting fat for winter I'm a happy camper :D

Thanks for the update!

Bob