close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

western carolina bbq sauce

Discussion in 'OGF Kitchen' started by jeffmo, Jul 1, 2005.

1. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

1 stick butter
    1 large onion,finely chopped
    6 cloves garlic,minced
    1 cup white vinegar
    1 teaspoon cinnamon
    2 cloves
    1 tablespoon dry mustard
    1 teaspoon chili powder 1/2 cup brown sugar
    2/3 cup ketchup
    1 cup water

melt butter,add onion and garlic.saute until they start to brown.
    add white vinegar,cinnamon,cloves,dry mustard,chili powder,brown sugar, and ketchup.stir together well then add water then stir again.
    bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until desired thickness.

i got this recipe from the owner of a roadside bbq joint we found on our way back from nags head n.c. some years back.

2. Thanks for that one. I was trying to figure out something different for this weekend. That roadside BBQ wasn't Bubbas was it?

3. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Last weekend I had the bug to smoke some pork tenderloin and brisquet. Was lookin on the net for a bbq sauce recipe (never made my own) and then it dawned on me to check OGF. Found Jeffmo's recipe here, and lemme tell ya...this stuff ROCKS. Was an absolute hit. I added a bit of cumin and cayenne pepper, but otherwise kept the recipe the same.

Awesome stuff! Thanks for the post Jeffmo.

4. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

i'm glad you liked it.
    next weekend i'm gonna do a couple of pork shoulders on the smoker over apple wood then finish them up with this sauce.it should make for some good eating during the buckeyes game.