Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Profish 5 and I fished out by the turn around bouy Sunday.We started out pulling Deep Little Rippers at 140 back.This method pulled three walleye as well as some junk fish.Decided to break out the jets and spoons.Found out that seventy-five back on twenty jets seemed to be the ticket. any spoon that had red or purple were working good. Speed was 2.2-2.4 MPH Ended up with a two man ticket.It was good seeing decent marks out there again.

·
Registered
247 Posts
ER,

Was just about to start a WB Walleye report thread but you beat me to it.

Sunday: Left Anchor Point at about 745 am and made the run to just NE of the Turnaround (13.2 miles out) and set lines. At 1020 I had 6 fish in the well, threw 2 legal fish back in, lost 3 at the boat trying to do the net dance (I was by myself). Fished around for about another hour and got 5 more fish in the net which were released and lost 3 more at the boat. Spectactular day on the water for both fishing and weather. Program was all willow bladed crawler harness. Dipsy's on a 2 setting 90-110 back and jet 30 130 back. Jets caught fish, but caught the smaller ones. The dipsys on an inside turn caught the bigger fish. Just kept going over the same "hole" until I decided to head for the dock.

·
Registered
218 Posts
The turnaround buoy is in the extreme western basin at the shipping channel from Detroit to Toledo. More North than South. As stated about 13 miles North of South Shore of Lake Erie. (out of Meinke's Marina)

·
Registered
566 Posts
the casting was just as good if not better for us too. :D

·
Administrator
9,535 Posts
Sorry Larry that I let you down today.
I wouldn't have had much fun under the circumstances.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Tried you out there today Rebel on 68. My Jinx buddy lived up to his name. 12 fish only 5 keeps. Couldn't find a pattern today, yesterdays stuff was cold today. Saw lots netted though, just not our day I guess.

·
Registered
41 Posts
We also had a great day out there Sunday. Me , dad, and grampa. 20+ fish caught 4 miles northwest of west sister. We used my Walleye Kid Harnesses with one ounce inlines 40-44 feet back at 1.2-1.4 mph. Purple, clown, perch were best with #6 colorado blades. Fish were suspended three feet off the bottom in 30 feeet of water. Biggest was 5 pounds with a few short fish too. Water was clean with no weeds.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Sunday and today where fantastic out of Oak Harbor (Fenwicks). We fished NE of West Sister with Warrior serrated willow leaf blades in Firedot and purple with yellow dots aka (Merlin). Got 3man limit both days in 2 1/2 hrs. Still some 5 and 6 pounders around.
Big Papa Sports

1 - 12 of 12 Posts