Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anything going on in the Western Basin?? my Son and I will be up there this Saturday out of Wild Wings on our 3rd reschedule(weather) was just wondering if anybody had been out, Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I was out monday and we tried for quite awhile in the 15-20 ft. stuff with just a smallmouth to show for it. Moved out into the 27-30 range by C can and got 4 along with a couple that came unhooked.Got everyone on spoons. Lots of marks though out deeper.

·
Registered
31 Posts
We drifted northeast of Green and picked up 4 walleye...then dropped an anchor and caught 2 tickets of perch before heading in that evening. Quite a few headboats and charters were fishing that area too.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, Im keeping my fingers crossed that we get a few Saturday, we have tried for a month to get out and keep getting the door slammed on us.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I'll be up there Friday and Saturday as well, hopefully the weather will cooperate and the fish will be accomodating. So far last forcast I looked at looks decent, but we all know how that can change.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Thanks guys, Im keeping my fingers crossed that we get a few Saturday, we have tried for a month to get out and keep getting the door slammed on us.
I was out Friday eve till about 1030 and picked up 6 or 7. Started in 18 ft of water off Crane Creek and moved north to 24 just south of W Sister. Sunday I got a few north of K can and had a buddy pick up 5 or 6 in 15 feet of water off Crane Creek. By the time I moved there I was marking fish but no takers and got tired of the 3-4 footers and packed it in.

There was a "decent" pack about 2 miles or so north of K around what appeared to be a blow boat course marker on Sunday and the bigger boats were still running N/NE/NW of W Sister all weekend. Me and my 21 footer didn't feel like beating waves all weekend so we stayed in tighter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts