Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
'eye addict
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Four of us were planning on going out on a head boat this Saturday, but when I tried to make reservations, I found that everyone I know about is booked. I tried Shore Nuf, Fisherman's Wharf and Sassy Sal, all of which are booked full all day Saturday. Tibbel's has afternoon spots open, but we need morning. Does anyone know of any other head boats that may be available somewhere between Toledo and Sandusky?:confused:

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Sounds like the head boats have found the walleye.
Yes they have found them. In fact I went out last week with Fishermans Warf, there were 24 people on the boat we caught 144 fish.

·
'eye addict
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, Shore Nuf is the one out of Drawbridge. Three of us ended up deciding to go on the afternoon boat with Tibbels tomorrow. We have reservations for all four next Saturday morning with Shore Nuf. Thanks for the suggestions.

·
'eye addict
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My wife, father-in-law and myself ended up going out on the 3:00 pm-dark head boat with Tibbels. It was our first time fishing with them, and we had a nice trip. I caught 5, the wife and father-in-law each caught 2, and the crew "donated" three fish to our cooler as well. Most fish were caught on a harness with gold blade, anywhere from a 5 count to a 15 count. The weather was pleasant, but there wasn't much of a drift, so you had to cast most of the time, regardless of which side of the boat you were on. Our captain's last name was Cooper, and the first mate's first name was Dick (that's all I could remember). They were both good guys to fish with and were helpful. :G

Oh yeah, and the mayflies are getting started. There were clouds here and there on the surface, and we drove through a "storm" of them near Port Clinton on the way home! :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts