close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Westbranch 6/13

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by triton175, Jun 13, 2008.

1. triton175

triton175 STX 206 Viper

Trolled for musky from 0530 to about 0930. :S Tried weed edges and islands. Casted around the hump at mouth of Jay Lake, nothing.

Jigged for walleye 'til 1100 got 3 small ones 14-16" plus some crappie and a LM bass. All were C&R.

Got hot and the skiers started showing up, so I left.

Not a great day, but it beats working ;)

Brian

2. Thanks for the report Brian. What was the water temp?

3. I quit at 11 also, my Gatorade was gone! Managed a 37" and a 33" , shortlining in the propwash. I was also checked by Ohio Watercraft. We were BSing about Muskies and I asked if he had time to do a check. He was a nice guy, I was glad to see him out there.

Steve, I showed 75 to 77 degrees on the water. The wind was from the West, and some mud lines were distinct, I like trolling them a little later in the year. I think after this front comes in, it may be slow for a few days. John

Pic of 37" :
    [​IMG]

4. Thanks John. That's up a couple degrees from last weekend. You are the man. I am trying to decide if I should chance the storms and go out now.

5. triton175

triton175 STX 206 Viper

John - I assumed that you would be out there, and I thought I saw you. But, don't you have a Lund boat? The guy I thought was you was not in a Lund.
    Let me know what your boat looks like and I'll introduce myself next time I see you. Congrats on the 2 fish.

Steve - the highest temp i got was 78.

6. you can always find john;s boat , ITS THE ONE WITH THE BIG FISH following it. lol jim.

7. Congrats on the fish John and If you don't mind me asking about how much line were you out the back in the propwash and what type of lure.

Thanks, Rich:B