Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out of Toledo Beach on a friends boat,made the run to West Sister.Got set up about 7:30 about a mile or so East Northeast of island.Had our five man limit by 12:00.Running spoons with 50 jets 80 ft back,down riggers 25ft down and large dipsys,3 setting 25 ft back.Everything was pulling fish.Got done with walleye and threw in anchor and got 75 perch by 3:30.Great day on water.Got a ? for you Ohio guys.I have a smaller boat and cant make that run very often.Where is a good ramp for access for West Sister?Not a lot of boats were trolling.We were surprised how well we done.Theres still alot of nice fish out there.Bruce

·
Registered
309 Posts
Magee East, Fenwick, and Wild Wings on Rt.2 are all good ramps as well as Turtle Creek.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info.Is there much of a boat ride from ramp to the lake?Which one has the shortest ride to lake?Thanks again.Bruce

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Lake Boat,
Fenwick or Turtle Creek are the closest, MageeEast is just a little bit further but not by much

Ron

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey what are the names of the cities the ramps are near so I can google there locations and get directions.Thanks again

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Go to Magee East...fish cleaning table, $5.00 to launch, and you can buy a beer in the office when you are done....

·
Administrator
9,370 Posts
State ramp at Meikie's east on Rt 2
It's "Meinke's" and they have their own ramp. One of the best around. The county operates a ramp at Anchor Point and its junk.

Sent from my EVO 3D via Ohub Campfire

·
Banned
1,197 Posts
I would say Magee's is the best bet. 5 dollar ramp, minnows and worms right there..ice..beer... I have it on my gps as 7 miles to island from out in front break wall..You may not even need to go that far...been pulling nice fish and a lot of em just west of A can from island all the way into 17 fow... same program...big dipsey..30 jets...and small dipsey..all spoons...nascar hammered has been on fire....we even hooked into a couple nice 4 lbs fish near west sister reef..

·
Registered
58 Posts
How far is the run out to West Sister from Turtle creek? I have a jon boat and would love to get out there! It's a big jon boat with a 150, so don't bash me lol. I usually go out of Mazurik to the N East side of Kelleys! Might try this weekend if the weather is decent

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
How far is the run out to West Sister from Turtle creek? I have a jon boat and would love to get out there! It's a big jon boat with a 150, so don't bash me lol. I usually go out of Mazurik to the N East side of Kelleys! Might try this weekend if the weather is decent
Three guys flipped their "bass boat" at Conneaut last weekend and spent 19 hours in the water and on it before being rescued. You'd never catch me in any kind of Jon boat, even with a 150 on it out by West Sister....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Have you ever seen the movie "idiocracy?" It's a reality on Lake Erie.

It's survival of the fittest in this world, the weak will weed themselves out.

Three guys flipped their "bass boat" at Conneaut last weekend and spent 19 hours in the water and on it before being rescued. You'd never catch me in any kind of Jon boat, even with a 150 on it out by West Sister....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Bruce...just look under the site sponsorship page for Magee East, or do a Google search. It's on route 2 just east of route 590, about a mile or so before you get to the Happy Hooker bait shop.

They have a nice thing going there...and like I said...a place to clean your fish and they take care of the carcasses.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts