Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Dr Data
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished with Wanda Walleye Sat out of Vermilion.

We started with a stop for some junk fish at the Kidney on the Sandbar. We marked fish in there but neither of us was willing to spend the day sorting through trash.

We moved up and fished in the 39/28-23 range it was nice to be all alone on the water without a pack to contend with. Though later in the morning a small one formed at about the 39/25-weather buoy. We picked up 12 fish pulling inlines 1-3 oz 30-80 back at 1.8… by far 3oz at 44’-8” back was best... we did have a bunch of fish come unbuttoned

We picked up another 9 on reef runners and taildancers 80-125 back with one coming at 400 back (unintentionally) by 11:00 the bite had died off

We had some nice fish but nothing exceptional.

Side Note: Had my second Cabelas Depth Master reel fail (400ft back issue). It locks up and won’t allow you to reel up line. They are inexpensive and cheap. Ordering new reels this morning.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Cool pic....thanks for the report.

Craig at Erie Outfitters has some decent deals on rods and reels.

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
back 44'-8" ??? dang...now that is getting precise !! :)

·
Dr Data
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you betcha Boatnut

my fishing partner picked one up on his side at 47' so I moved my inside 3oz board up to 44' and the rod did not leave my hand for 3 consecutive fish... lol ... I would bait, put it back, hook on the board, and bang fish on as soon as the board caught up with the speed of the boat...

Rinse-Lather-Repeat :D

Meanwhile his side didn't go again for a while so my fishing partner did not think it was as funny... though it was him giving me a rash about 44'8" back while netting my fish...

We had a good time and it was pretty relaxing

·
Banned
544 Posts
good to see u got some gators on reefer, i much rather troll with them than spinners......the femanine side of me hates putting on worm after worm...after worm !!...dragging around a lil white perch for [email protected]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts