West Carrollton dam

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Uglystik, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Uglystik

Uglystik Shane

Went out Sunday evening and caught one dink sm, tried again thursday morning in the fog and didn't even get a nibble. Saw plenty of small fish breaking the surface all around me. Water level still very low even after the rain we got on Weds.

2. I would think that the rain we got just went straight into the ground. I havn't seen any improvment in water levels anywhere.

3. Ajax

Ajax Rapala Snagger

Look at the water gauge from 30 days ago (looking at the Hamilton gauge.) Something was going on before the rain to lower the levels. Something appears to be holding water upstream.

4. i was there sunday evening as well, were you wading just down from the Dam on the Moraine side? i was Catfishing on the WC side, seen a guy wading and only seen him catch 1 dink smallie.

5. Uglystik

Uglystik Shane

I was on the wc side between 6-7 or so. Were you with a female who was sitting bankside in a chair?

6. no, i was just down from them fishing by myself with 1 rod, a backpack and a small cooler. i lefft right at dusk.

7. I have basically gave up fishing the river this year hopefully spring will make up for the fish we haven't had the chance to catch this year:)

8. I hit the dam last night at about 9-11 p.m. and I caught 4 nice saugeye on a jerkbait. Biggest one was 20 inches.