West Branch

Discussion in 'Muskie & Pike Discussions' started by fffffish, Mar 23, 2008.

1. fffffish

fffffish Muskie 1 Trolling Thunder

Went out to check ice at the branch today there is open water east of the bridge past the west ramp with about 100 yards of ice blocking the west ramp. The dam end of the lake is still 100% hard water. The water is high it is over the concrete part of the docks. I might have to go out and break open a channel at the west ramp Monday or Tuesday I feel the need to drag a few lures.
    ALSO the Scale sample signs are at both ramps and have been replaced with Muskie Anglers Log signs with the information on them on how to log your muskie on line.

2. esox62

esox62 BORN TOO LATE

thanks for the update rick. i guess this means the west end is wide open??

3. fffffish

fffffish Muskie 1 Trolling Thunder

From the bridge west it is ice as far as I can see right now the only open water is in the west ramp area I did not go down to rt 14 and check that but I bet it has open water also.

4. I wish the cold would uhhhh ... leave:T

5. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

You could launch at Knapp Rd but there is still some ice east of the Knapp Rd bridge.
    The RS ramp should be open by this weekend!!!!!!!

6. esox62

esox62 BORN TOO LATE

thanks guys... lewzer, i always look for your posts{and pics}every spring to let me know whats up,thanks alot...yeah this month is hell. shoulda been out by now. i may try to get out fri...