west branch

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by brick, Oct 25, 2007.

1. brick

brick at ease

anyone have insight on bass/crappie in west branch this weekend

2. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

The crappie have been pretty good for me that last 5 weeks except last Saturday. The front came through Friday and I couldn't buy a hit all day. I only caught one big bluegill.
    I've been using perch rigs or slipbobbers. The roadrunners, beetlespins and jig and twisters/tubes haven't produced for me. They come from 4 fow to 20 fow. Everytime I go it's different.
    I don't fish for bass much but we did a couple of weeks ago. They all came on texas rigged worms or senko type baits in or around the shallow main lake weedbeds.
    We are supposed to have another Friday front/cooldown. Could be a slow Saturday. I'll probably go Saturday evening and stay the night. Dress warm.

3. brick

brick at ease

thanks lewzer. we'll be hitting it sunday

4. Isnt to many guys who will stay out all night out there lewzer!;) Might be out their tonight.

5. Alwsfishin

Alwsfishin '73 24' Stamas

I'll be out Sunday......I'll call for ya on 68.....Is the lake at normal height?

We had a l'il trouble at rocky launch last Sunday due to the S wind.

6. It is normal for this time of year, six feet below SP.
    John

7. Alwsfishin

Alwsfishin '73 24' Stamas

Hey John.......whats the depth at the docks? I've never fished there at this water level. I'll be launching a 20' I/O.......thanks

8. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

If you are launching at the Gilbert Rd/Cable Line launch by the dam use the right two ramps (facing the water). The far left one has a sandbar out a little further towards the bay.
    Can't tell you about Rock Springs ramp. I rarely launch there.
    Anyone else gonna be out there today/tonight?
    I'll be there about 5:00. I'll keep an eye out for you Jig.

9. Depending on the weather I hope to be there about 5:30. I'll be in the central part of the lake though.

Lewzer, what does your boat look like? I forget. Must be the CRS.

10. I Fished West Branch Wed. last week I put in at the Rock Springs Ramp Had no trouble the water is DOWN but not enough that you can"t launch there. at least a dozen trailers in the parking lot half of them bigger than mine.

GOOD FISHING GUYS :)