close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

West Branch

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fffffish, Apr 6, 2004.

1. fffffish

fffffish Muskie 1 Trolling Thunder

All docks are in at the launch ramps but no fish yet :D

2. at the Muskie/N.E. outing last year. I'm looking forward to giving it a shot. Can casting jigs while wading in the cattails be as effective as trolling?

Me got's waders but no boat :eek:

3. Kindlebeard

Kindlebeard OGF Birchbass Champ!!!

When are they gonna put the fish in? :confused:

4. Depending on how much rain we get this week, I may be out there Saturday morning til 3 or so. Just depends on the rain...

5. fffffish

Went out again today for 2 hours hit all the hot spots for me this time of year but only marked 1 fish. Things should start to look better in the next 3 weeks. May seems to be the time the muskie turn on. Saw 6 or 7 other boats out the few I talked to came up skunked also.
    Froggy
    Casting the cattails will work best if you can make your casts parallel to them look for openings and other structures to cast to.

6. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

froggy, the water aint that cold, tie your rod to your back and go for an old fasioned troll!

7. If the weather holds and the rains hold off, I'll be there Saturday from dawn til 3 or so. I'll let you know how I do.

Carl

8. Frogspoon, I wade for muskie quite a bit in spring. I didn't have any luck wading for muskie at WB last year (as I'm sure I've said a billion times [=)]) but that doesn't deter me. I've caught muskie while wading or shore fishing at a number of other lakes and tailwaters in Ohio so I'm sure I'll get one at WB eventually. I might be out there wading somewhere on the Western end of the lake come Saturday.

9. fffffish

Kindlebeard
    I was out for 3 hours today and it still looks like they have not put the fish back in yet :D

10. bassn317

bassn317 Casual Fisherman

I'd like to hit WB this weekend, but I think I'm commited to laying some ceramic tile then having Easter with my father-in-law who will get a day away from the nursing home. Guess I will have to wait another week.

11. Been away for some years now but i have to say i left the lake full of fish. Lol
    There is no reason other then iced over or record low water should you not ever
    Catch any fish on that lake. Well unless it got ruined some how but i doubt that.
    All season long cold front or hot and muggy this lake produces good fish.
    Believe me i fished this lake 7 days a week and i fished night and day and never got skunked.
    Just remember this.....most of the water ......most of the time.....has no fish in it.
    Fish are creatures of habit ...so learn thier habbits ...
    Fish Catcher
    <>< Jim ><>

12. Heading there after work today to try for some musky... Saturday was the first time I ever fished the lake and now I'm hooked....any pointers for areas? PM me if you like

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Ohub Campfire mobile app

13. I only have a minute or two so here goes a quick reply.
    For me this time of year work the points especiialy those way from shore and the quick depth changes around those so called sunken islands which are still points.
    Off west ramp to your right towards camp ground you have the big island and then you
    Have the sunken one few hundred yards toward the camp ground. Big depth change there and you have places like this between west ramp and rock spring road bridge and
    Heading west in the no wake zone you have the same kind of set up on both the north and south sore line.
    Watch for one of those island points off to your right ( north sore ) about half way to the knap road bridge and on the back side of it is a wonderful weed bed but you may have to
    Fight off the pike.

Sorry this is not much but like i said i only have a couple of minutes right now. Let me know how you did.