close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

West Branch

Discussion in 'Tournament Discussion' started by ranger487, May 23, 2005.

1. ranger487

ranger487 OhioPro Lure

We had a club tournament there also and it was all smallies for me I ended up with 9lbs 9oz with 5 fish and I hit the smallies early and the got 2 1/2 lb largemouth late that put me on top. There was one other limit by Bob Bowman he finished second other than that it was all 1 and 3 fish for most.

Mark Franko

2. CONGRATS Mark...
    I never knew there were smallies there...

3. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

There are some nice smallies in there. Night fish at the dam and you will see.

4. Mr.Bass.

Mr.Bass. Banned

There was definetly a lot of smallies brought in. Some nice ones too. What do you guys catch them on at the dam? I cant seem to get on the smallies at the dam, what should I be looking for?

5. I hit the stone pockets because of a small boat and find some nice ones. The dam is better in the fall before let down but I like from the tower south. The higher the sun the deeper u fish. :)

6. Mr.Bass.

Mr.Bass. Banned

Thanks jig, where are there stone pockets?

7. Whaler

Whaler Whaler

I used to get a lot of Smallmouth and Largemouth at West Branch and then I caught my first Muskie and that was it for Bass. The only Bass I catch now are those I catch while fishing for Muskies or Walleyes. I caught a lot of True Bass ( Stripers ) there over the years but most of those are gone now. Those were the good old days when I 'd hook a Striper and it would tow the boat arond. They used to hang near the dam most of the time.

8. Marina point,Sewer crossing,East ramp,Silver bay mouth,dam point, All most every where they placed rifraft.(rocks)They do look somewhat like stripers on the surface. Ive heard of 4 this year now. :B :)