Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leaving in the am target fish is muskies hopefully pictures will be uploaded tomorrow anyone els going to be out? Hopeing the cool weather will turn the fish on and shut down the pleasure boaters!

·
Registered
827 Posts
Leaving in the am target fish is muskies hopefully pictures will be uploaded tomorrow anyone els going to be out? Hopeing the cool weather will turn the fish on and shut down the pleasure boaters!
I will be out also, targeting muskie. Likely to be at lake by 7 and will probably fish until about 11...have a soccer game in Lodi I have to get one of my girls to.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah hopeing to be down their when the sun comes up you trolling or casting think il do a little bit of both but il be in a blue lund. Heard they have been doing pretty good so hopefully I can break this new boat in the right way.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Yeah hopeing to be down their when the sun comes up you trolling or casting think il do a little bit of both but il be in a blue lund. Heard they have been doing pretty good so hopefully I can break this new boat in the right way.
Be in red 19ft tracker. I'm going to start casting, if that seems to be unproductive I may make an effort to troll a little. I am not really ideally set up for it, but can make some thing work.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My buddy and I will be out targeting Muskie. Hopefully we'll get there around 7. Usually only go Muskie fishing in Canada but I've heard to many good things about WB. I will be mainly casting. I have a bass boat and trolling in that is tough. Good luck tomorrow guys.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Haha alright good luck and probably see you out there, make sure to write back on here how you do tomorrow if you get a chance.
Andrew, good meeting you on the water today. Hope your luck changed? After the one epic blow up I had early back in J Lake...nothing. I got 3 smallies near dam after switching gears for about an hour, just to get the fish smell on my hands. When I left the dam, I trolled south shore line to the beach, across the lake and then along camp ground back into J Lake for load out. Nothing...

The one miss I did have sure was a wake me up! Guestimate the fish at 40-43". Went completely airborn 5 ft from boat attempting to strike the Whopper Plopper I was throwing. Don't know how she completely missed such a big bait?? lol.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Scott it was nice meeting you too no muskies here. Ended the day with two large mouths 2.5lb and a small guy but it was nice to get the stink blown off the equipment. Brady did you end up going out if so anything?

·
Registered
827 Posts
Yes. and BTW...I was remiss in commenting on conditions. It would have been tough to dial up a more perfect, beautiful morning. Clear, calm, quiet and chilly, but not cold. I had a significant part of Jay Lake to myself for a while with just a thin veil of fog blanketing the water in areas, the sounds of nature...man was it NICE out there early. :D Water clarity was great in many areas (2-3'+), at least first half of day when I was out. Water temps were a pretty consistent 72 (+/-1)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes I was out at the same time as you guys were. I saw Heidlers fishing the damn. We got one hit but nothing landed Muskie wise. Later in the morning started fishing for bass. Caught 3, a real nice 4lb LM and the other 2 were maybe a lb each. Beautiful morning though. No place I would've rather been. Would've loved to see that monster hit top water Heidlers.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Gottcha i think that cold front did something pressure wise or maybe not? I got a party tomorrow then work outta town till end of october so I won't be down their for awhile but I should be returning for prime time.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I was out this morning as well trolling for muskie. Got skunked on muskie but as I was trolling back towards the dock, I caught this guy. Never expected this at all. 28" walleye. Great morning on the water!

Attachments

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wow nice fish I kept seeing schools of something in the 25-35ft range all day wish I would have brought all my tackle owell theirs all ways next time.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts