Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got on the water at dawn. Casted a black buck tail w/silver single blade. Caught a 36 inch Muskie & then released. Soon after had an approx. 40" Muskie boat side & while attempting to get a picture it got off before I snap could away. Had automatic c & r. All fishing at mouth of old jay lake in the fog. When the fog left no more action.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Looks like I'll be making a trip out there within the week. Might hit Silver Creek as well. Usually a lot of fish in there. Nice job

·
Registered
827 Posts
Got boat into water just before sun up. Was surprised how long the fog hung around. Casted for muskie for a bit without much success. Switched over to bass fishing. Got 5 LM, all very close in size to pic, also got 3 smallies similar size as pic, plus 2 dinks. Not a bad morning. Got off water about 1:30. Water temps ranged 75-78. Clarity varied by location, water near dam was surprising clear, the clearest we saw all day, even with a good bit of boat traffic.

All fish caught on 4" wacky rigged YUM dinger. LM were shallow and tight to cover. SM came near dam in 7-9 FOW.

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Trolled boss shads, tuff shad, jakes, 7 hours on sat and no luck at the dam, no wake zone , jay lake, nothing not a rip. where's the termocline at ?

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
I got 2 today this morning. Got both casting. 1 was 31" and the other only 16-17". Had 1 other follow by a solid fish. Fished main lake bays. All 3 were in the same spot. Small white buck tail. Didn't fish a whole lot ,around noon started tubing and eating with friends that brought their boat out as well

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did have a good am with 2 nice muskies & went blackout in the evening w/wife & our dogs. No hits with cranks & bucktails. Trolled, Lots of floating weeds to screw up the baits. Water also very stained from the rec boaters. My limited experience w/ west branch shows the am is better to fish here. Colder weather most likely good conditions to be had. My 1st post on ogf was this am. I am glad that it prompted good responces. I have fished my whole life & figure I should begin sharing what I do & know to people. I view reports often that gives somewhat of a indication of what's happening on any given lake. Shall post more as I proceed to help others after I go where ever. Good luck to all. Ps- do patronize marks bait shop versus the big stores. He is a good friend & will not steer u the wrong way. He has a fabulous inventory of fishing equipment +.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts