close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

West Branch

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Ruminator, Dec 29, 2004.

1. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Anyone ice fishing W.Branch? How much ice? ;)

I'm am totally bummed in hearing that you can't run 4 wheelers on it. My brother bought a new Polaris this summer that I wanted to borrow. :eek: :rolleyes:

2. fffffish

fffffish Muskie 1 Trolling Thunder

4 days ago West Branch had some open water left east of the bridge all of the ramps were iced in. Hopefully with the warm up this week the lake will open back up and I can launch my boat this is my favorite time of the year to muskie fish. I HATE ICE!

3. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

On Monday the whole lake was iced in. I didn't get on the ice even though I had all my fishing equipment due to time constraints.:(

I really wanted to hit the dam spot for crappie.

4. Be very careful out there at WB on the ice. Sometimes, after it ices over, they drop the water level and it makes for a VERY dangerous situation.

5. fffffish

fffffish Muskie 1 Trolling Thunder

A few years ago I was walking my dog at West Branch in one of the smaller coves back in the campground. We cut across the ice to take a short cut and there was a hole through the ice when I looked into the hole the ice was at least 18 inches thick but there was at least 2 feet of air between the ice and the water. It was pretty strange looking I would have hated to fall thought it. How would you ever get out of that? Have any of you guys that ice fish ever seen that before the cove was only about 15 to 20 feet across it

6. WOW...
    Now thats scarry as H E L L !!!

7. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

My friend I usually fish with, RedRanger520 was just telling me today of a time he was at Berlin and experienced the same thing. Only with 6" of ice.

"Pucker factor" would be off the chart, man!!

8. Whaler

Whaler Whaler

I drove out Monday afternoon and checked the ice at West Branch. At that time there was between 1.5 and 2.0 inches. It takes a lot more than that to get me on West Branch though or any other lake for that matter. I love Ice!