close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

West Branch

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Seaturd, Oct 12, 2004.

1. Seaturd

Seaturd Catcher of Fish

Thinking of heading to WB this weekend to investigate the new campground. Anyone have any advice on chasing the walleyes there this time of year? Will probably be throwing some muskie baits here and there also.

Thanks, Rob

2. Try the lake, I hear there's no fish in the campground.

3. I would definitely go weedless with anything you troll or throw in the campground. I hear they are hitting on S'mores and the occasional hotdog. :)

4. Capt.Muskey

Capt.Muskey Ohio Fishing Militia

There's a Muskie tournament on the water at Westbranch this weekend. Good idea, sticking to the campground. You might want to try crawdads for the raccoons, Right along the wood lines. I'm told they taste like walleye. ;)

5. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

You guys seriously crack me up!!! :D

6. I usually troll a worm harness with jelly beans. I have caught a lot of pumpkiin seeds that way.

7. I find that I have the most success stillfishing with stinky garbage style bait for stripers (skunks). Watch out though, once I hooked into more than I bargained for when I had a follow up from a bear.

8. Seaturd

Seaturd Catcher of Fish

Buncha danged comedians here I see. :D
    I'm quite proficient at attracting the stripers and coonfish. And I certainly wouldn't waste good crawdads on them coons - marshmallows and Doritos work much better. Still fishing with garbage attracts the ultimate bottom feeders on a regular basis - snoutnose possums! Maybe I'll troll around the campground with a 12'er of Old Milwalkee and see if I can lure me out a good ol' hillbilly girl.................

9. Seaturd

Seaturd Catcher of Fish

Oh yeah... and Ohiojmj let me in on a favorite technique of his that I will share with you all. He's quite adept at jigging for brown trout throughout the campground. He slips into the outhouses and checks the toilet paper rolls - the rolls with the least amount on them indicates the most trout activity and he starts jigging those portals first.... :eek:

10. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

All I can say is......THANKS for the GREAT VISUAL! :eek:

11. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Not interrupt the hilarity of this thread, but check with Keith at W.B. Bait and Tackle before you get to the lake. You can stop in and talk to him, or call him. All of his info. is at our "Ohio Bait, Tackle, Taxidermy, etc. Marketplace" forum along with many other Bait shops. ;) O.k., on with the antics..........:D

- Jim