close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

West Branch

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Timbr, Apr 30, 2004.

1. Timbr

Timbr Alaska Grayling

Anyone know the water clarity at WB, also any reports would be helpful.

Thinking about going out on Sat.

Thanks

Timbr

2. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

Last Saturday the water was pretty stained. The further west you went the more stained it was. The muskie were on the points and the bass were buried up in the brush so far it was hard to get them. There is a tourny out there this Saturday and Sunday. I wouldn't put in at the east ramp. That is where the tournies will be. I also know that a ranger is going to be giving manditory boat checks as the boats are being pulled from the water at the tourny on Sunday. If they are going to be doing this Sunday I would imagine they will do it Saturday also.

3. I have't been out there lately but I'll guarantee it will be muck this weekend. If this May is anything like last May we'll be seeing lots of very high mucky water.

4. iwdavefish

iwdavefish Fishin' Fanatic

I fished WB Thursday and Friday. Water was stained to cloudy and the main lake temp was 52, up to 60 in the backs of some bays. Didn't go west of the bridge but I imagine it was quite a bit muddier. Trolled both days and did some casting. Caught a bunch of leaves and a couple nice sticks. All were released without a photo.