Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some information on fishing there. Were going camping at the state park next week and have never camped or fished there before. Any information would be helpful. We will be taking a boat. Thanks.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Loads of crappie in the down trees right in the campground bay by sites 180+. I'll show you! I would also like to hear some responses to this one. You can beach your boat @ those sites also.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
If you're going over weekend, the lake can get pretty crazy. Everthing west of Rock Springs bridge is no wake. Crappie in the usual suspect locations, bass along stone walls...jigs/twisters. Cats under bobber/worm in backwater shallows. Walleye are there sometimes pretty shallow (4-12fow) Northern and muskie if your into big fish trolling,

Midday go exploring. Follow the feeders as far as you can. Pick some shade and go cattin 2-5fow. Catch a nap.

Watch for odd stick piles=beaver lodge. Mink farm in the area had some escapees.....might see some around.

Have fun.

·
Powderfinger
7,789 Posts
Your best bet for crappies now is dusk to after dark. Midday with all the boats and jetskis really increase the water turbidity.
Lots and lots of out of the way coves. Crappies haven't been to good in those as they are hanging in deeper water.
Lots of cats on the shallows though as Bob mentioned.
I'll also send you a PM on a couple of specific spots.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Fish the channel and the coves west of Rock Spring rd...its no wake and go back east closer to dusk when all the skis and wakeboarders and 32ft cabin cruisers are gone. Good cove to try is right across from the ramps on the south side of the lake.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Be out there myself from the 17th on into the next week with the family. I'll try and have my yellow OGF flag flyin! We'll be in a lil brown and tan Lund "CHILLIN". We will be after some lunge and give whats left of the wally a shot also. Rock Springs bridge is always good after dark for the crappie.

Brian

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Hey Brian! getting burned out on berlin are ya? One of these days we should caravan to Erie for some Perch. I'll have to watch out for you at WB I've been out there alot lately, caught this lunge by accident last week pic taken with camera phone.

Eddie

Attachments

·
Powderfinger
7,789 Posts
Anyone going to out tonight?
I plan on hitting the nighttime bite but the probability of thunderstorms increases to about 60% after 11:00PM.
See you out there. Look for the green glowing light from the submerged light.

·
Registered
16,825 Posts
Hey Brian! getting burned out on berlin are ya? One of these days we should caravan to Erie for some Perch. I'll have to watch out for you at WB I've been out there alot lately, caught this lunge by accident last week pic taken with camera phone.

Eddie
Looks like you caught a famous "blue pike" There is suppose to be a $5000 reward.....:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts