close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

West Branch Walleye...

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by jetdrivr, Sep 23, 2004.

1. Well, I finally got out yesterday for some fishing (first time in 3 months). Not much too show for my time except the peace of mind that being on the water brings. Was targeting walleye exclusively and got skunked in that department. Caught one nice crappie instead...oh well! Maybe I'll head up to the rivers today for some steelhead action...sounds like they are starting to come in. Anybody have any advice on the best place to start?

2. I'm gonna try out in front of arcola creek this weekend...

a few are coming up the Grand at Fairport also...saw a polaroid of a guy with one all the way up at the old collapsed painsville dam also....picture dated 9-14......

good luck

steely123

3. I think I will try the Grand as well. Maybe I will head out to fairport if I get adventurous. You using spoons or flys?

4. If I'm out in the lake I will usually chuck k/o wobblers or lil' cleos...sometimes with a number 3 vibrex spinnner also....

up in the rivers/creeks i usually stick with 6lb test line w/ a small balsa bobber with a mini-foo / maggots.....usually all black or black w/ red head...

good luck...

steely123