close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

West Branch Up-Date/ For WEEK-ENDERS

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by mrphish42, Apr 4, 2008.

1. mrphish42

mrphish42 locators dont lie

Didn't really want to start a new thread..... but wanted to give the guys that only fish the week-ends because of work or school a heads-up......There are fish that have moved back into the earlier, empty lake draw-down areas that new have higher water levels after the rain of the last two weeks.....This is the area from Knapp Rd. and Route 14 heading east .......Biggest problem has been the ever changing water clarity problems....Yesterday and the day before ......the closer you were to 14 the better the visibility.....so to say....Muddy to wards RSR.......... Fish I caught were in 3 to 5 ft of water.... Last week fished 2 days and caught wipers and crappies........this week caught crappies.... bass.....and as bonus fish........a 24" channel cat and FO 34" northern ......bass/pike/cat all released..... Just trying to relate to some,that fishing "SKINNY WATER" this time of year can work..... The carp have also moved back into these very shallow areas also......seeking warmer waters......Best fishing has been late/ late morning and mid-day after cold morning....Biggest problems will be the fronts effects and any new muddy water caused by todays rains....Hope that this might give any of you new to this lake or dont know whats going on guys, a first hand look thru my eyes...If you do get out, have a great time......and as I say......damn well cant catch em at home.....no matter the conditions.....Good fishin... Jon Sr. PS. Reason I mentioned the carp..... is when these hogs move into shallow water.......any type of fish that swims, can be found there also.....and some big ones to boot.......

2. Your info is appreciated, I'm dying to get out there. Thanks

3. triton175

triton175 STX 206 Viper

Thanks for all the info phish!

4. Ward9

Ward9

Thanks for the update!

5. mrphish,

Thank you for the info! Hope to read more in the future!

6. mkish

mkish Trophy185

Great post, very informative. Can you do any safe wadding at 14?

7. mrphish42

mrphish42 locators dont lie

mkish...........Excellent area to wade......were guys there......doing just that on both days......lots of shoreline with willow bushes in the water.....just like some of the areas at Mosquito...... will get better as water temps rise and the fish start to get spawning under way... Also will depend on the ever changing water levels.....which right now are perfect.....just dial up the temps. PS......I should have put in thread, that all fish were caught caught on larges sizes pin-min style ice spoons, tipped with a minnow, fished under a bobber......which seems to work best right now.......as these fish in that shallow water(unless you are vertical jigging and wading) are sluggish and it keeps that bait hanging there in their face.....quite tempting.......Good fishing guys,hope these tips also help..........Jon Sr.