Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, and ladies, now I know this may be a dumb question since most OGF members probably have boats :), but my fiancé and I are planning on hitting West Branch this weekend, and I was wondering if anyone has fished the pier at the marina lately? If so how has the fishing been? We normally fish for crappie using minnows with a little slip shot weight. Any information would be greatly appreciated by the both of us. ZAC

·
Registered
715 Posts
Stop by Portage County Outdoors before you fish! Scott and the crew down there will set you up with everything you need to reel 'em in! They are very helpful and knowlegeable about WB. Their tackle shop is only a few minutes away from the marina area. Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Everytime ive ever went their, I have caught bluegill and a catfish, but other than that nothing special.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well we went. Had some luck between my and my girl we caught 13 crappie a little perch a bluegill and 3 bass all on saturday. The biggest problem was we had kids running around the peir throwing the rocks they used to make retaining walls in the water, and had a couple guys wanting to fish right on top of us. O well at least we caught something. Never did make it out to that sports shop, I buy all my bait from Double K's on 5 he is a great guy. Thanks to all that replyed.

Zac

·
Powderfinger
7,789 Posts
That Double K guy knows the lake pretty well. He and his brother crappie fish there a lot.
But don't let him convince you that the rosie reds are any better than the fatheads.:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts