close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

west branch tonight?

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by leadcorebean, Sep 6, 2007.

1. leadcorebean

leadcorebean Charter Captain

anyone going to west branch tonight? im going around 530 to work the dam area for musky. blue and white starcraft running boards wave and say hi if your out.

bean

2. Is there a motor size limit on west branch?

THERES ONE !!!

3. leadcorebean

4. I had east branch confused with west branch could please refresh my memory on where west branch is. thanks!!!

theres one!!!

5. leadcorebean

just south-east of ravenna off 14 or 5

6. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

How did you do?
    Last night I was out there. First cast-bam. had a largemouth on. That thing jumped 4 or 5 times 3' into the air before he threw the hook at the boat. Must have been raised by smallies.
    The crappie came alive around dark. Plain jigs and twisters or minnows under a slipbobber.
    Not many people out at all. I love it after Labor Day. It's only going to get better.

7. leadcorebean

notta!!!! got lots of weeds. i ran 1 line off a board 1 down deep 1 in the wash and one outside.we even stopped to dangle some worms not even a hit.i see why i switched to lake erie no weeds and always get fish.other than that nice and calm out. what side did u fish on?

8. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

I always launch off of the Cable Line ramp. In the summer it is always less crowded than the RS ramp. Less jet skis and pleasure boaters too.
    I usually hit the dam area first and work my way over to the no wake zone almost to Knapp Rd. Where I stop depends on whats hitting and what I'm chasing.
    Last night I picked by buddy Kenny up at 7:00PM at the launch so I fished east of the island and launch ramp to the dam. Didn't even go near Jay Lake. Fished a few fallen trees earlier in day with nothing hitting. Mainlake weedbeds was where all the fish were.