close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

West Branch Tonight

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Ruminator, Apr 17, 2004.

1. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Anyone going to be there? I am looking to go this evening myself. :)

2. Didja catch anything????

We went out for a few hours yesterday until the earlier storm chased us off the lake. Got a big zip. We stayed up in the dam end of the lake hitting various bays along the shorelines. Closest we came to a fish was up in Jay Lake when my girlfriend had a real nice swirl botside about 5-10ft from the shore (inside bend) on a Black Perch Lil' Ernie. Marked some nice fish holding deep under/around clouds of baitfish in the opening of Jay Lake. Trolled through there, but nadda. Switched to some Grandma shads a little later in the day, but the storm blew up and chased us before we could give them much of a chance to work.

Tried finding some panfish for the kids, but no luck there either.

Hopefully the opening day trout fishing frenzy has died down a bit and I can look for some cats and/or crappies today at Shenango Lake.

Barry

3. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

When I got to the ramp to meet Mr. Creosote, we had barely said "Hi" when the light sprinkles turned into a serious one this time with hail(dime size). That lasted a good fifteen minutes and then it was all blown thru so we went ahead and launched. On the water by 7:30 and got off around 1:00am. None of the good producing spots were going to co-operate for us though.

It was great to get out though, and I got to meet another OGF member who we've all been posting with for a long time. It was a pleasure to share the evening and my boat with Steve. He has a lot of fishing knowledge and never hesitated with answering my questions. Thank- you, Steve.

Another highlight was the trip back to the ramp from beyond the second bridge at 1am. Fog had set in big time. For the most part we could barely spot, and follow shoreline. Though Steve knows the lake so well that there was never a problem. But the cool times were when we were in fog so thick you couldn't see beyond the boat. We used the depth finder and my mapping feature on my gps unit to navigate "blind". That gps is really cool!

The end.....
    - Jim

4. Well, even though we got skunked it was a fun trip and I'm looking forward to doing it again sometime soon. Maybe we could give the "Living large" team some competition at the crappie derby Sunday. If so you guys better bring your lunch as Ruminator is a very competent fisher who handles his boat very well. If everyone could put in and take out as smoothly as he there would be light years fewer hassles at the boat ramps.
    Doin' anything Tues. or Wed. morning? Maybe we could give it another shot.
    Thanks for the good trip.

5. Hey bud, any time you're ready there, JUNIOR MEMBER. LOL.

Glad to see the storm didn't get ya's. I'm half of Team No. 9 in next Sunday's crappie suarreeee.

I fished WB with the Ruminator last year. Showed him some of the secret spots, but not all. He was too busy with his circle/underhand casting technique. LOL, just joshing ya Jim.

Hell, Creosote, when we going to share a boat? Now THAT would be a good time!!!! If you're in the tournament Sunday, see you there.

Carl

6. The partner I had last year, (we were 6th or 7th place), may be on the injured reserves list by Sunday due to a medical condition. Won't know for sure until mid week. Ruminator may allready have previous commitments so I may be looking for a partner unless 1 man teams are allowed but I think 2 are required. Hey Lewzer, you out there?
    Gonna be an interesting tourney. Forecasts call for lots of rain this week. If so the res will be muck. Oh well, what else is new.
    Hope to see you out there.

7. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Mr. C,

I'm not a tourny man. Have enough competition here at work. I fish to relax and enjoy the outdoors, peace and quiet,
    did I say PEACE & QUIET???

PM me Mr.C