close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

West Branch tonight/Pymy tomorrow

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by steely123, Jun 4, 2004.

1. Hello all-

Gonna try to be ambitious this weekend, put down my mower and weed wacker and paint brush and leave my 'cleaned up' garage and all the other 'honey-do-this' chores and hit West Branch for crappie hopefully around 5 or 6 till dark. And then maybe Pymy in the morning to troll / drift for eyes...

anyone doin' any good on either ?...heard pymy was finally coughing up the walleye in better numbers...

keep hearing about eyes on WB as well...West Branch Bait/tackle has it on the marguee sign....'walleye are biting'....hmmm....

fish fish fish and then fish some more my friends....thank god for weekends...although I myself woulda went for a 4-day work week instead...i have that option just can't bring myself to spend 10 hr day for 4 days/week...i can barely do 8...!...

steely123....

2. Ivan

Ivan Cigar a-fish-ianado

Well?...

How'd you do at Pymatuning? I'm hoping to hit it Monday morning.

3. Well I got out on West Branch but didn't make it to Pymy....

WB report:
    10 crappie....1 big cat...(25 inch)...one large mouth....

Just gonna have to take a day off during the week to go to Pymy....

let me know how ya do Monday (today) ?..

steely123

4. Dad and I fished WB today (6/7/04) and caught 9 walleye, 2 LM, 4 gills, a perch and a crappie. Eyes mostly on wistler jigs and crawlers or lindy rig and crawler in 15' of water controlled drifting. They turned on around 3:30 when the walleye chop (naturally and also artificially by the boaters) began. I new the party boaters were good for something. Color of choice was yellow or gold.

LindyRigger

5. WOW !..that is a good day if ya ask me....

Can I ask general location ?....

I love drifting pymy with a sock, jiggin off the bottom....but I never see guys drifting at WB....

been looking at bow mount trolling motors so I can be Al Lindner and bounce the jigs as a I putz along....

but straight drifting is my favorite...

Should I try it ?....

do any good on twisters/plastics there ever ?...

I understand if you don't want to share location...just trying to get a starting point of ref for eyes on WB...caught a few small 6'' walleye fry last year off the shore by the East ramp...

thanks for the info...

steely123

6. Ivan

Ivan Cigar a-fish-ianado

We didn't do well on Monday. Motor (actually fuel connection) problems forced us in after only about an hour and a half. I've corrected the problem and I hope to hit it again late next week.