Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
It's been awhile since I've been on the site (haven't had any time for fishing and I don't want to get jealous!). i'm taking the family out to West Branch this week though do do a little camping and hopefully alot of fishing. I've never been to West Branch though and was hoping I could just get a tip on what species I should be thinking about going for. I will have my boat out there so I won't be limited to shore fishing.

Thanks for the help in advance. This is the one time when having crappy days off at work is actually in my favor (I'll be camping and fishing tues, wed, thurs) so hopefully I won't have to deal with too many crazy jet-skiiers.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One more question...I saw on another post that going across the tracks on Rock Spring Rd is terrible. I'll be coming down 14 from the north and going to the campground. Should I just stay on 14 ant take Cable Line Rd over to Rock Spring and go up from there? I don't know the area so any help would be good. Thanks!

·
Registered
949 Posts
The bridge is bad, but I've still used it. Just go over it as slow as possible, it's short and the campground is just on the other side of it. Using Cable Line is not much better, unless the have fixed it. It has major potholes.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Cable line is open now unless they closed it again since Friday. Like Mac said the bridge is OK if you go very slow. I know it makes the people behind me mad but i creep over that bridge.:D

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
When I go over the bridge I just look in the rearview mirrow and think I am saving wear and tear on there vehicles...Speed limit is 15 miles per hour...If you go over 5 miles you are going too fast...I go out to Edinburgh and go left at the light and turn left onto Rock Springs Road...Straight to the ramp...When I come home I go over the bridge of Hell...Less than 5 mph. Let the idiot behind me get mad I am not tearing my equipment to save him 5 seconds...Good Luck......JIM......

·
Registered
537 Posts
Trim your motor way up before you go over the bridge . I was following a bass boat who had his motor down ,I think his lower unit trenched the bridge,Alot of motors bottom out there ! Trim up & go slow !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts