close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

West Branch This Saturday

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Ruminator, Dec 16, 2004.

1. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Where is the water level now?
    If its not frozen over, I was thinking of getting the boat out again. :D

2. Brrrrrr....man, you're hardcore:eek: ! If you go, good luck!

3. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

HEY!!! You have room for one more? I was hoping to get a pass from the boss for a few hours and try for some crappie.

I wanted to hit the dock or a certain shoreline spot, wasn't going to take the boat.

4. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Last Saturday, the docks were still in and it was easily launchable from Rock Springs or Cable Line.

5. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Yes, you are welcome to join me Mike. I am planning on doing a lot of looking around, but will fish afterwards if theres time. I'll call you tonight sometime.

- Rumi

6. How Did You Do? :) Bob

7. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Water temp. was 38-39 degrees at the surface.... air temp. was 37-38 degrees. Water level looked to be still 6' down or so. The wind went at times from breezy to making white caps on the main lake. :eek:
    We were busting up ice and saw 1/2" thick in most parts of the lake and bays with no problem. ;)
    We had some fun routing ducks toward some hunters while running downlake at 30 mph.(wind chill factor was major :D )
    The docks are now pulled out at the Rock Spring Rd. ramps. But no problem launching my 19' boat(lightweight).

Lewzer (Mike) met me and we were on the lake from noon until going on three. At this point the front had come in and the wind rose while the air temp. fell. Too windy to even fish in the bay we were in.
    I had met and talked briefly with Mike at a few different Outings over the last 3 yreas or so, but never really spent any time together so I welcomed the opportunity. Mike is a terrific guy and I look forward to the next time we fish together.

Jig, the spots were all under ice. We busted one bay up and came back to it later and more ice had drifted into the area, but that was also when the wind was pushing us all around.

Mayfly, "hardcore"...heh heh heh... I love it! I was hoping to need salt to get out of the ramp. (never tried it yet)
    It fires up my soul! ;) :D

- Jim

8. Got To Love It! :)

Theres Been Times I Couldnt Get Under The Trouses
    At Berlin Because Of The Ice. Sounds Like Shattering Glass
    When Your Wake Hits It. We Did Catch A Cold That Day But When You Get That Bug There Isnt Much What Will Stop Ya! :d
    Last Week The Water Temp At West Branch Was 42 At Main Lake And 40 In The Bays. It Wont Be Long! Thanks :)

9. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

I assure it was my pleasure, you're welcome.;)

10. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Gosh, Golly gee Jim:eek: . You don't know me very well do you!
    I had a good time too and look forward to next spring hitting the crappies.
    We never even wetted a line on Saturday. All the spots were under ice and we made a heck of a racket busting through.
    I'm gonna try ice fishing a few of those spots this winter when I can get out.
    There were about 7 boats of duckhunters out there. They said it was the first day of the second half of the season.
    One boat leaving when we were had a goose, a female mallard and a little black and white duck of the type that Jim and I were kicking up when we were running across the lake.

11. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

GOSH, GOLLY, GEE...;) Mike, I knew you had a good time, that is until I lost you overboard making that super tight "get-away" swerve when the duck hunters decided we were too close!:( It was a GOOD thing I brought along my boarding ladder!! Over the transom may not have worked, considering how blue you had already begun to turn. :eek:
    Just Kidding.... No, I always let everyone make their own posts. Notice however I did say,"We had some fun routing..." :D