close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

West Branch this afternoon 7-1-07

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by TIGGER, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Hey everyone, Well we got back from a couple day trip to visit relatives. The rest of the family settled in for a nap. I thought I'll slip out and go to westbranch.

When I got there it hit me! "what was I thinking?????????" The lake looked it was thrown into a blender! LOL I started casting but could not find any clear water. I started to troll the west end but didn't feel the vibes. I decided to go home early. I thought I would make one more pass by the Rocksprings ramp area over some drop-offs. I came across one and thought I was going to snag the bottom. So it happened I thought. I reversed the motor and noticed it was moving!:eek: I grabbed the rod and it was a fish. LOL

I was by myself and that was fun trying to net it. I got it in and it measured 39" It was chunky and in good shape. A boat was passing by and I asked if they would snap a pic. The fish released strong and is ready for the next person to enjoy. The fish really got me good. It may need a stitch! LOL Electrical tape is working for now.

The fish came a Sisson bait that VC gave me last monday. Chart/black I know the die hard musky guys catch these all the time. It is nice that I am starting to get a pattern down myself with Luredaddy and Vc1111's help.
    Take care
    John

[​IMG]

2. very nice thick muskie..... good job!!!
    It's been 3 years since we've fished Westbranch. Jet skiers and pleasure boaters finally got to us one season as we very nearly got ran over. Shame too since there are some very nice fishys in there.
    BB

3. Nice day for a good catch! Hope ya heal up for the 4th.

4. Way to go, Tigger! :D

5. Nice fish, those pleasure boaters sure can stir up the water. Is west branch water level low?

6. Great job John. We need to go out together. Can't get Bobby to catch anything but bass and cats while he's fishing for eyes.

7. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

I caught a largemouth, channel and a bunch of crappie Saturday night fishing for walleyes. Sounds like you guys are doing similiar.

8. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

nice fish!!!

flash------------------------out

9. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

great looking musky. hard to believe that your at wb , theres no other boats in the pic. or maybe they are going to fast for the camera.

10. Thanks guys.

The water was down a bit. I would say about 2 foot max if that.

I am suprised there are no boats in the background also! LOL Some of those guys are nuts. One guy was running the shore line full tilt 20 feet off the bank. It must have been a game to them like indy barrel racing. Into the bays and points. I was hoping for a bottom out to happen. Aren't you suppose to stay so far off the shore line at full bore?

He thought about cutting inside me but he must have thought I had a chance to run him down. He was doing it to the smaller boats anyways. Laughing the whole way!

11. Nice fish John! I was out 5 hours today, zero! Maybe tomorrow!!!

Time on the water, luck, and a little skill, PRICELESS!!:)