close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

West Branch Success!

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Reel Lady, Oct 10, 2004.

1. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

Rob and I spent another one of our all nighters on West Branch Friday night. We had a great time, and the weather was beautiful!
    I caught a smorgasboard of fish! I caught 1 bluegill, 1 crappie, 3 largemouth, 1 sunfish of some sort, 1 flathead, and 3 channel cats. What made this trip even more exciting was the fact that this channel cat earned me a Fish Ohio Certificate, being that it was 27 1/2" (that makes 2 for me now :D 1 for the channel cat, and one for my 20" smallmouth)
    Here is a pic of the channel cat. Check out its underdeveloped lower jaw. Could this have been caused by a previous fishing injury? Maybe the growth plates were damaged?
    [​IMG]
    And here is the little sunfish that I caught. I'm not sure if its a hybrid or what, but it sure was pretty :)
    Maybe one of you "panfish" guys can tell me what kind of fish this is?
    [​IMG]
    All in all, it was probably my best fishing trip to West Branch. Not so much in "numbers", or "weight", or "lenght", but as for variety, it was GREAT! My goal is to catch 1 of each type of fish in any lake that we fish. Now if only I could catch that darn Muskie!!!!! ......one day...... yup... one day....

Happy fishing everyone!
    Marcia

2. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

sounds like a great night of fishing.that looks like a bluegill to me. They vary in color with water conditions at each body of water. They can actually change almost instantly. try putting one in a dark live well for a few minutes. smallmouth and othew r bass do this also.

3. Great fishing ReelLady! You didn't outfish Rob did you? Sounds like a fun night of fishing.

4. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

Don't tell anyone.... but... yes.. I did outfish him :D