West Branch spillway

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Lewzer, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Who were the two guys at the spillway yesterday? Either of you on here?
    One had a maroon S-10 (pre 1993) and the other a Blue Chevy 4x4.

2. Tall cool one

Tall cool one strictly flyfishing

Didja fish? Anything? Ice still on lk?thnx,TC!

3. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Kind of, half-heartily. No. Yes.
    Pretty much the entire lake was ice covered. The only open spots were east of Knapp and east of Rock Springs Rd. for about 100 yards.
    Water looks to be at summer pool or just shy and all the creeks were flowing good.
    Didn't go out there to fish but with all the ice I had no other choice.

4. Tall cool one

Tall cool one strictly flyfishing

Ya did more'n me this wknd as far as fishing,very flooded down here. Hope to get up there this yr,keep hearing about it,this wknd would've been it if you told me no ice,TC1

5. That would be me in the blue chevy. water looked great and flow was good. Tried cranks jigs and a minnow under a bobber. NOTHING Left there went to berlin water was 'a flowin. The color was extremely muddy. Talked to a guy with his kid and they said they got a few small croppie. Was that you? Berlin is still ice covered all but under the 224 bridge. The ice better hurry up and go away soes the spawn bite can git busy. I would hate for it to be like last year.

6. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Hi dcross. No that wasn't me. I saw those two trucks and went to Milton to scout. The flow was too fast there as stated on the USACE website so I stopped by a friends house then fished the WB spillway later after you must have left.
    The flow and water did look real good but still no dice for me either.
    I'll have to say hi if I see your truck out there.

7. cool maybe we'll get the chance to wet a line some day. tight lines Dave.