close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

West Branch Report - anyone fish there Tues?

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by wayout440, May 7, 2008.

1. Fished WB from 8AM to 3PM Tuesday 5/6. Morning sun and south winds and 60's temps, water midly turbid and stained. Hit several small bass and crappie 15 ft. from shoreline on south side of the no-wake area west of Rock Springs bridge, minnows suspended about 4 ft. under floats. Late morning wind shifted to the west and picked up a little and the clouds began to move in, and they totally shut down. I had a difficult time just getting any on the locator. My buddy and I fished two rods, throwing everything we had at them in rotation, and couldn't get any interest.
    I would like to know if anyone else fished that day, and details of your experience there. Thanks.

2. EZB

EZB

fished tues noon till 6 25crappie 1 20inch walleye back in jay lake that was my first time back there and the only place we could find them. only kept 11 nice ones. will try again sat morn

3. I wish I had some luck out there.. but not this year so far.. i was there today for a little while and got nothing :(

4. I meant to get out on Jay lake to try it...
    but had some difficulty restarting the boat and decided better to stay near launch area.
    Thanks for posting.

5. Ra0035

Ra0035 Member

Where is Jay Lake?

6. Ra0035

Ra0035 Member

7. is Jay Lake pretty deep? I'm thinking of going out there Sat. 5-17 anyone catching anything over there? Also, i'd like to find a honey hole on West Branch that I can take my 3 year old out to fish at, just looking for any small crappie or blue gills catch an release sorta stuff. Trying to get her into fishing. She would make a great fishing buddy, if I am able to get her into it. She's never gone before.

8. ...With all this dadgum Rain I'm wondering what WB looks like ....Don't want to waste gas just to ride over to look....Anyone who has fished there let me know what it looks like...My gut feeling is a cup of coffee with cream in it....this cold snap is not going to help either...Hope to get out soon ....
    :confused: ....GOOD FISHING GUYS

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  9. esox62

esox62 BORN TOO LATE

im goin tomorrow or maybe milton, will let ya know..

10. KOVO

KOVO

We Trolled From 4pm Til Dark And Got One Small Muskie At The North Edge Of The Dam . It Was A Beautiful Day And The Weeds Are Returning. The Water Level Is Still High. Water Temp Was 65-67.
    The Fishing Was Good ,the Catching Was Bad.

We Trolled Around The Lake , To The West, As Far As Intercourse Island . Only Saw One Other Muskie Troller.

Good Luck

11. esox62

esox62 BORN TOO LATE

my day was the same at milton. one sub in the channel across from pointview. clarity was good temps were 65 and 51 up river where its muddy.