close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

West Branch Report 6-27-04

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by blance, Jun 30, 2004.

1. Tough, tough day dodging pleasure boaters and fighting wind on the main lake until about 5 or 6 PM. Seen Worm Drowner trolling, but he said he had no luck either. I seen no muskies on this trip, and couldn't get so much as a sniff out of one on Tuff Shads. Took the girlfriend and kids up into the bay by the dam for some bluegills and got one fish. Even I can catch a fish when it bites out of self-defense after getting hit in the head with a worm, lol. Caught him out of the flooded willows in the back of the bay. Still not a bad bass for a non-bass fisherman.

Barry

[​IMG]

2. Beutiful Fish!
    As Far As Im Concerned That Would Be A Nice Bass For A "bass Fisherman As Well"

3. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Nice Fish, and pic. Thanks.

4. Ruminator, Since you fish West Branch, I need some help locating bait shop close to west launch ramp. I come up on I-76 from the Youngstown area and haven't fished West Branch but once and that was last night.

5. I usually go to WestBranch bait shop on 14. Coming from Y-Town go past the RT 225 exit on 76 to the next one (14 I think). Make a right onto 14 and go until you cross over the lake again and start looking on your left. There is also a drive-thru as part of the bait shop for any last minute beverages. :D

There may be a bait shop closer to the west ramp, but I'm unaware of it.

I ususally get off on the 225 exit and launch at the west ramp by the dam. To get to this ramp, I exit at Rt 225 and go north (on 225) until I see Cable Line Rd (there's a campground on the corner or 225 & Cableline). Make a Left onto Cableline road and look for Gilbert Rd. Make a right onto Gilbert and follow it right into the launch parking lot. There is also a ramp that is smaller than the west one at Rock Springs Rd.

#1 on this map is the 76/255 Exit
    #2 is the approximate location of Westbranch Bait Shop
    #3 is the west ramp by the dam

Hope this helps

Barry

[​IMG]

6. fishmooften

fishmooften FISHAHOLIC!

GOTTA CHECK THIS OUT! I was driving down Rt.14,Ravenna saw a sign for a fishing sale at 2209 Lk. Rockwell Rd. This maniac has EVERYTHING,CHEAP. EXAMPLE, erie dearies $1.25/dearie twins $1.50/terminator titanium spinner baits $4.00/Pikies $4.50/all kinds of name brand lines $4.00 for 300yds./Baby 1 minus,Baby 4 minus,Baby 8 minus $2.50 ea./ K+E magnum bass stoppers $1.25 ea./Rapalas $3-4.00 ea./DeLong lures $2.00/Barney spoons $5.00 ea./Abu Garcia hats $2.50/Power bait,Zoom,Mogambo,Manns,+Basspro plastics $1-2.00 a bag,WOW! WE can definitely save alot of money,Today's payday and i'll be going back to stock up,The prices are too good to pass up! THOUGHT YOU GUYS COULD USE THE INFO!

7. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Barry is pointing you to the same bait store that I always go to myself. West Branch Bait & Tackle, Keith is a good guy and will help you.
    Barry , one thing, your number 3 points out the location for the east ramp. The west ramp is located off of Rock Spring road. Go into the state park entrance just south of the bridge over the lake and uphill from the bridge, then follow the signs to the ramp.
    I am planning to be out there tomorrow with my wife. Probably going to try to catch a couple of walleye.(wife hasn't caught a fish yet this year) If you see a 19' beige Princecraft that will be us. Say "Hi".;)

- Rumi

8. Oops, Sorry 'bout that... Nice catch Ruminator. Good luck with the Walleyes.

9. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

;) Thank-you for the 'heads-up'! Some good deals there.;)