close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

West Branch Ramp Closed

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Reel Lady, Oct 9, 2004.

1. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

Hi everyone :) I just want to let you know that the ramp at West Branch which is closest to the dam is closed. (I think they have now reopened the Rock Spring Road ramp) Evidently, they decided to close it while Rob and I were pulling one of our crazy all nighters on the lake. When he went to go get the van, he found a "warning ticket" saying that this parking lot and area are closed! LOL.. it was sure open when we launched!!! I do believe that they plan on repaving the road leading to the lot/ramp as well as the lot. Oh well, at least we had a very succesfull (almost 24 hours straight) on the water :D I will give the details in my next post when I sign on tomorrow. But, for now, I am soooo sleep deprived and desperately need to get to bed.
    Night night :)
    Marcia

2. Thanks for the information. You saved me a trip out towards the dam tomarrow morning. I guess I have to launch at Rock Spring Road. ...JIM

3. LiquidTension

LiquidTension mouse potato

gee, it must be an election year ;)

4. Reel Lady

Oh my gosh....Do you have any idea how long it will take to get from the Rock Springs Road ramp all the way down to the Dam area at idle speed??? UGH!!! We are talking at least an HOUR! Looks like it's time to really explore the "No Wake" side of West Branch :eek: Not that that is a bad thing...but darn! I just found my favorite spots on the other side of the lake!!!!! :eek:

5. why are you going from Rock Springs road to the dam at idle speed??? Sight seeing maybe? :p :D That area isn't no wake, I usually run it about 30 MPH unless there's alot of debris or the water is extremely low.

BTW, since you and reelman seem to be out there quite a bit, how's the water level looking in Jay Lake, Silver Creek and the bay on the north side of the dam? Looks like I may be out there doing some toothy critter fishing either Saturday or Sunday.

Barry

6. Reel Lady

lol... I know that that side is not a "no wake" side, but Rob and I do most of our fishing at night. Sometimes we dont even get on the water until 7-8pm. If its a worknight, then we usually leave around 11-12pm. It is no wake after dark? right?
    And to answer your question about the water level. Check out some of my new photos. It shows the water level being down at least 6' from normal. It is supposed to get lower too, maybe even another 5' lower! This I could not even imagine :eek:

7. Thanks for the water level pics... How close was I??? :D Uhm, I'm not sure on the "no wake" restriction after dark. I think it's actually a speed limit, but no wake is certainly safer. You got me thinking so I went and looked it up. Here's the reg (http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/watercraft/opsguide/parkregs.htm):

I've gotten into a bad habit of EXPECTING people to have lights on after dark and using my GPS to get places a little quicker than idle. I need to break that habit, before I find that one person out after dark without lights. You can read alot into that reg in terms of what is safe after dark, but the top speed you can operate at appears to be 10 MPH. And "no wake" areas would stay "no wake" anytime of the day or night. Atleast that's how I read it.

Barry

8. west ramp is now open. east ramp is now closed...