West Branch????? NEED INFO !!!

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by striperswiper, Jan 8, 2009.

1. striperswiper

striperswiper Catfisherman for life;)

Was thinking about driving up to the lake to do a lil muskie fishing in a few months was wondering whats the best time of day to fish for them and what kind of baits to use or where at in the lake wld b a good spot to fish for them thanks for any info.!!

2. WB is a slow lake to come on. When the water hits 65deg You bet you can get on some fish day or night. They are very hungry! Most guys troll for them but being early the weed growth is down and tossing cranks might be something to think on. Muddy water during the day and clearer at night. Just find some bait! Youll find fish.

3. striperswiper

well sounds like fun so wut iz the average size of muskie caught out of the lake???

4. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

No doubt man! That is a beautiful muskie! :B

5. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

just go bass fishing anytime from may on, always did good in the bad weather. spinnerbaits slowrolled around mainlake weeds works well

6. striperswiper

so do the muskie normally bite pretty good in say late march early april ??? and what kinda of baits are catchin these beasts lol???

7. If you are headed there early spring try afternoons especially on sunny days in the back of shallow bays I like large stick baits, and have done better east of Rock Spring road. There are plentiful pike there too that not many speak of.
    Good Luck

8. The historical average of reported fish from 1988 to present is 35". I don't think most people report their sub legal fish though. I do as it helps the DNR know what's going on. My average including subs last year was 33" and 35.6 with just the legals.