Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday was my first day away from Mosquito walleyes. Went to West Branch for three hours and landed a 34" Musky. I went this morning and got two, biggest 36", it is just a matter of time before a BIG one bites!! Monster Shads and Tuff Shads, ten feet of water.

·
Ohio Fishing Militia
520 Posts
Nice, There are some 50'' plus in there. Known to hang in the large weedbed just outside the swimming area.

·
STX 206 Viper
1,870 Posts
Good job! I'll be out there at first light tomorrow.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Nice job on the muskies..I was wondering if you can eat them? We were talking about that the other day..

·
Registered
42 Posts
HAHA just kidding around my friend and me took a nice muskie from Westbranch last fall he always enjoys them

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Congrats on the Muskie! You happen to know a gentleman by the name of Ben Hefling? Talked to him about his church outing fishing at WB and he told me of a member catching a 34 inch muskie. Wondered if it was the same guy. Again, congrats on the nice Fish!

Huntinbull

·
Whaler
3,206 Posts
Back about 25 years ago I caught an 18 pounder at West Branch and took it to work. We filleted it, cut it into chunks, fried it up and made sandwiches out of it. Everyone liked it . IT's not as good as Walleye or panfish so it is best left as a trophy fish or a release fish.

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Nice fish John! Those musky's are glad they have the weekends off from you! LOL I know you will hit hard on Monday!

·
Registered
211 Posts
lure daddy,
it looks as if you were trolling. how far back were you running the monster and tough shad? i went out today, and nothing. just trying to figure these toothy critters out. i gave up on the muskie around 11 after trolling for 4 1/2 hours in all different depths and started targetting walleye and crappie. ended up with around 7 walleye and 30 or more crappie, along with a couple of bass.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tigger,
I did go Monday but just for three hours. I got the 38" in the pic.

Steve,
I towed in a red and white Mastercraft that ran out of gas. I trolled away from the ramp and in five minutes had the fish.

Durp,
I usually run 30 to 50' of line, depending on the depth. I like my baits to run at about 8'.

I have to put a permanent mount for camera in boat, I am cutting off the best part!!

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
They knew you were coming!!!!!!!!!!!! Its Monday!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL Nice Job. I have to make you a bracket for the camera. Those poor fish have 4 more days of you before they get a break! LOL

·
multi species angler
4,369 Posts
Looks like you are on a shaving strike till you get a really big one:D Good job. You are on fire. I am sure TIGGER and I are going to get there soon. Not sure if John mentioned or not, but I finally got my first official nice sized muskie. It was 33" and I was trolling for them. It was a rush to hear that clicker going. The pics are not good because I was by myself using a camera phone and didn't want to lay it on the carpet.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Good for you Rick!!! No , John did not tell me. Oh, I shaved today when I got home! You are the second one to comment on the shrubbery!! I got careless with this fish, lots of blood, MINE!!!!!!!!!Someday I will learn. If you are new to Musky fishing, always have a bottle of hydrogen peroxide in the boat, and bandages, lots of them. Sooner or later, it will happen.
John

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Nice John. I can't wait to get back out. I need some more baits. Right now I only have a Super Shadrap, a Grandma, and some 6" swim baits.

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
I still can't get use to trolling 4-5 mph. LOL I am use to the walleye speeds!

LOL Steve I am working on some killer shad baits right now. I will make sure one gets your way. These babies will run that 8 foot range. I even put rattles in them.

Rick loves that Milton. He can get his walleyes and his musky's! LOL

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
That would be great John. I tried to find some of your lures on E-Bay the other day with no luck. I know what you mean about the muskie speeds. It sure takes some getting used to.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts