close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

west branch muskie

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by durpdurp41, May 26, 2007.

1. not looking for anybody's spots here or anything, but after hooking into a huge muskie the other night at mogadore i think i've got an itch to hook into some more. i've been out to the branch duck hunting before and i've seen a ton of guys trolling around the lake with what i presume to be crankbaits. are there any specific lures for the lake, or do traditional muskie lures work? i'm already set up with downriggers, trolling rods, planer boards, etc. so i don't think equipment will be too much of an issue. just looking to get headed in the right direction. thanks in advance for any help. maybe some of could meet up out there and give it a shot.

thanks,
    brad

2. Whaler

Whaler Whaler

All Muskie lures and most any others will catch Muskies at West Branch. A good lure that will catch a lot of Muskies there is the Bagley's Monster Shad in natural, gold and firetiger.
    Forget using downriggers as there is so much structure out there you will be hiung up a lot if you use them. You really don't need to use Planer boards either.
    Most guys troll for them but a lot can be caught casting with bucktails , spoons and other Muskie type lures. Woprk the weeds and points.
    Good luck !
    I wouldn't use downrigger rods either as most are a little limber. You need a fairly stout rod for Muskies .

3. esox62

esox62 BORN TOO LATE

yep , firetiger is a good color for that lake. also orange, gold.

4. thanks guys,
    i'll be out there tonite to give it a shot. i'll post up how i do.

does anybody know of any place around here that sells the bagley monster shad? i can't seem to find them anywhere

5. esox62

esox62 BORN TOO LATE

maybe call w.b. bait and tackle before you go. streetsboro walmart used to carry them, but i dont think they put any out t his year[on the shelves}

6. tomb

tomb Tom B.

Rodmaker's in Strongsville has a few, call them to see if they have what you want in stock.

7. Whaler

Whaler Whaler

Gander Mountain.