close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

West Branch MUSKIE 08/15/07

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by TIGHTLINER, Aug 16, 2007.

1. Myself and my buddy Kemble set out on West Branch Reservoir to troll for Muskie up around the Dam. We trolled in the evening from about 6:30 to 8:00. We were trolling Bagley Monster Shads, Depth Raiders, and Believers. At 7:55 my rod with a big perch color Believer went down, and in a matter of minutes I had a 35 inch, Muskie in the boat. The fish made two good leaps and made a good run once it was boat side, but came in relatively quick on a stout 7 foot Gander Mountain Guide Series Muskie Rod paired with an Abu Garcia Ambassador Bait Caster. This fish was caught along the beach area in roughly 34 feet of water.

Our excitement level and night abruptly came to an end when we boated the fish. Unfortunately we forgot our landing net, and as Kemble was unhooking the fish, the Muskie flipped out and Kemble ended up with a big treble hook stuck in his thumb. We quickly cut the line from the lure, photographed the Muskie, and released it back into the water in good condition before dealing with the new problem at hand. We broke the hook off of the lure with a pair of pliers and tried everything we could think of to get the hook out but the big treble hook was buried past the barb and Kemble was headed for the Emergency Room.

This was my first Muskie ever, Kemble got the hook removed at the ER, we’ll have a good story to tell years from now, and we can’t wait to get back out onto the water in pursuit of the elusive Muskie…….TightLines!

Attached Files:

2. Here is a picture of the Treble Hook in Kemble's Thumb!

Attached Files:

3. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

nice fish and OUCH!!!that is going to be a good story for years to come:p

4. mirrocraft mike

mirrocraft mike Now in a Alumacraft

Congrats on your first Muskie .Still waiting for my first Ohio Muskie That second picture gave me the chills

5. Nice fish. I don't know if I would have went to the ER a beer and some pliers would have done the trick. One of these days I'll have to get out there.

6. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

OUCH!! that hurts just looking @ it. Sucks the night was cut short.
    Bet that front had fish turning circles last night.

cheers on your first ski!

7. Whaler

Whaler Whaler

How did the Muskie do when you released it ?

8. fishnfool

fishnfool out4dabig1

I had one like that inbeded into my neck one time,did it in the first hour of the tournament and just had to keep fishing with a hook sticking out of my neck all day,tried to pull it out but that wasn't happening.Drove home and with some help from a few weisers and a pair of plyers I poped it through and cut it off,really wasn't that painful,just suprised me how tuogh skin is

9. Congrats. You know what they say. You'll never forget your first. lol

10. Congratulations on your first Musky Justin. Here's to hoping you and your friend catch many more.

Barry

11. ‘Whaler’

The fish was only out of the water for a minute or two. Everything happened so quickly, but we just remained calm, and handled the situation.

Thanks for all the kind words, I hope this is the first of many Muskie to come the way of ‘TIGHTLINER’ and ‘kemble1982’.

Barry, its good hearing from you; will you be returning to the Northeast anytime soon?