close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

west branch mon

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by dynamite1298, Sep 9, 2008.

1. dynamite1298

dynamite1298 shore fisherman

went to r s road bridge mon afternoon :) boy were the bluegills hitting 35 fish in the first hour. 9 keepers. the crappies were hitting at 3 to 6 feet deep. 56 fish 10 keepers . the lake is down about 6 to 8 feet. all in all a petty good aftrenoon and night

2. Whaler

Whaler Whaler

The lake is down 3 feet !

3. dmills4124

dmills4124 don m

Herer is the Army corp site for the lakes around here and there levels for the day and a three day summery. Hope this helps. Next time you go to one of the lakes take a pic of your fishing spot and tape it this report for next years review. The charts show normal pool levels for summer and winter with flow rates dailey.
    Hope this helps
    keep on fishin
    donm

http://wmw.lrp.usace.army.mil/current/forecast.html

4. dynamite1298

that chart was pritty cool but i was standing in 3 inch mud under the bridge so im not sure but its going down slowly

5. Whaler

Whaler Whaler

Look at the water line on one of the bridge supports and then look at where it is now against the support and see the difference.

6. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Isn't that interesting that East Branch is down 30' and dropping?
    Why so low? I remember the year before (or was it last year) that it was down so low depressing peple of the perch.
    Does that lake have a bad dam or something?

7. Blu320

Blu320 Member

Knowledge from being an engineer: lakes and reservoirs are usually lowered before winter to deal with spring melt water and over saturation of the ground. Aquifers are almost always at capacity and there is roughly no infiltration capabilities of the soil in the late winter/early spring leading to HUGE quantities of runoff and increase peak flows from river/stream swelling. This way, by lowering the lake, you increase storage of the lake and prevent having to let out more water and potential cause problems downstream.

There is also alot of lake ecology (ie how to keep the lake healthy) stuff that would probably bore all you to tears, so Ill skip it.

Or there might not have been enough rain to sustain lake levels...but the above is more likely...

Not sure if this is why west branch is like this, but thats my 2 cents.

8. They are low! Berlin,WB,East branch. With the rain coming if we get it we wont be able to go under the 224 bridge let alone the mud under R.S. Bridge. Going to screw up the fishing so go too Skeeter and Milton!

9. dynamite1298

nothing is hitting from shore at milton, at least i cant get a keeper to hit. skeeter is better but at 4.oo a gallon for fuel its a good haul out there