close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

West Branch last night.

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by TritonBill, Oct 1, 2004.

1. Went fishing for about 4 hours last night from 6pm till 10pm. I wasn't in the game last night I guess, I got skunked! :( My buddy however caught 2 or 3 largemouth on crankbaits and 2 Pike. I think the pike ran off the smallies on the dam for the night. One pike ate a spinnerbait, and the other pike ate a tube. These are the first pike i've seen from West Branch. I thought they were muskie until he got them to the boat! Both pike were maybe 3 foot off the dam bank.

2. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

They dropped the water 3-4' from last week and all the crappie spots were sitting high and dry! Didn't feel like motoring to sunked the brushpiles. We managed a few and made it home as the rain began falling.Zero on the cats. They were sitting in the "hole" but no takers.
    The sheriff was out last night checking for boat equipment on the lake. They left about 10:30. Pretty funny watching a sheriff car loading a boat.

3. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

It happens to the best of us. Unfortuneatly the one time I was skunked this year was during a club tourny taking me from 2nd to 8th place overall. At least it was early enough in the year that I made up some ground. I'm in 5th now with one tourny left.

4. It's getting to the levels now where the West Branch STUMP fishing comes alive! I've had some REALLY good jig bites fishing around roadbeds and stumps when the water gets at this level. Now I just need to find time to go out there!