Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
I was at West Branch trolling with super shad raps just last week. I didnt catch crap. If youy could be a friend and give me some pointers. how deep of water are you trolling and what part of the lake are you working? how fast were your trolling? We spent most of our day down towards the dam trying to fish that weed bed, but all we were getting was weeds! please help!??!

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mriley, sorry I did not respond sooner, but I just noticed your request.

Keep you lure about 10 to 12 feet down and try boat speeds between 3.0 to 4.0 mph.

We fish many, many different parts of the lake but mostly the points and outside edges of the weed beds.

Also try the areas about 17 to 21 feet deep. We've been finding some suspended fish in those areas of the water column (again keep your lure about 10 to 12 feet beneath the surface.

Lure color? Firetiger is your friend at West Branch.

·
Registered
53 Posts
VC, Thanks alot for the information. I will put it to use next week when I take the boat out there. I fished WB this tuesday and had no luck with muskie, we started doing some bassin and caught 4 LM and I pulled in a 28" skinny northern about 200 yards up the river. So not a bad day, but I'm still after the elusive Musky! Thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts