close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

West Branch info needed

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Lewzer, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

I haven't been to West Branch in about 5-6 weeks. The perchin has been too good. Any info on the crappie or walleye bites lately?
    The USACE website states water level is at 980.5. Looks as though they haven't lowered it too much since I was last there.
    Most likely will be out from early morning till midnight or so depending on the bite.
    Planning on taking Friday off to fish here and wait till Sunday for more Cleveland perch.
    Thanks for any info. I assume the docks will not be removed till mid-November like last year.

2. Lewzer...Can't give you any report on West Branch I havn't been there in 4 or 5 Weeks myself...If the weather man is right this time ...I plan on being on the water this comming Tuesday...If you are planning on fishing the West side of Rock Springs Road the water will be pretty cloudy with all this snow and rain runoff...If I get a chance I'll run by and check it out tomorrow and let you know...GOOD FISHING GUY[/C:confused: OLOR]

3. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Thanks crappie lover. If you don't make it over to the lake today don't worry about it. I know what the water will look like.
    The last report I received from friends 2 weeks ago the crappie were on fire in Silver Creek.
    I have 4 spots I want to try for the crappie. If that doesn't work break out the jigs and fish the underwater weedy humps and stumps beds for walleyes and if that doesn't work use the heavy jigs for the deeper water walleyes.
    Then after dark I'll try shad or shrimp for cats. Probably the last time I'll try for the cats this year.

4. Lewzer Sounds like you have a game plan....I am sure we both know what the lake looks like...Will try to get out the first of next week...if I do I only plan on keeping the BIG ones...have a lot in the freezer ...will do a lot of selective harvesting this trip....Also want to get up to Fairport for Steelies..Don't eat them but love catching...Will give them away or release them...if they are not hurt....GOOD LUCK AND GOOD FISHING TO YOU:B

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  5. 50deg on the west end and 55 on the east. Fish shallow on the west and deep on the east.:B Good Luck!!!!!!!

6. JIG... What kind of fish were you fishing for...
    GOOD FISHING GUY:G

7. Speed trollin for wipers,eyes,muskie and stripers what else!:B :p Pulled monster shads for 4hrs. Thinkin on hittin it in the am. Sure are some holes loaded with fish top to bottom.

8. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

I only caught three crappie about dark while trolling the zone west of RS Rd. They were three nice ones over 12" caught on a yellow/white Bandit over 20fow.
    I couldn't fish my main spot as there was already someone in the bay.

9. Lewzer...Hope it picks up I plan on going over tomorrow...But I am going to Bobber fish with jig and minnows...May troll a little and try to put a few Walleye's or saugeye in the boat But I am more a Crappie Fisherman over there...Let you know how I do....
    ....GOOD FISHING GUY....

10. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

I also did alot of slipbobber fishing CL. Nothing. Jigs and drifting...nothing.
    So I decided to troll back to dam end. Used Fireline and lead core with Shad Raps, Hot-N-Tots, Bandits......
    Only picked up the three crappie. Got one to hit, marked it on the gps and went back over the spot several times for the other two.

11. DanAdelman

DanAdelman getting jigging with it

went out on the boat this morning casing and trolling for ski's in the jade lake area... went 0 for 0 but the weather was amazing for nov.