West Branch ice report anyone???

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Lewzer, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

I plan on doing some crappie fishing from the boat this weekend since Lake Erie waves look like they are going to be too big for me.
    Anyone have a report on how much it has opened since fffffffish's report earlier this week?

2. fffffish

fffffish Muskie 1 Trolling Thunder

I will go over Friday and check and post a report after 6pm.

3. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Thank you. I appreciate it.

4. fffffish

fffffish Muskie 1 Trolling Thunder

West Branch is open on both sides of the bridge as far as I can see. The bridge area has some ice and will probably freeze up tonight. I think the west ramp should be ok tomorrow for launching if the temp does not drop to much more. Bring salt for the ramp it will ice up fast with trailers pulling out.

5. ...Lewzer...Everything fffffish said is fact...I was over at 4:00 P.M...The ramps East of Rock Springs Road are open...Open water every where some ice along some of the edges and the bays.. Looking East from the ramps...the island on the North side...There was a boat with someone fishing...At first I thought of you...Blinked my headlights ...No trailer in the parking lot don't know where he launched...Is the campgrounds still open...May have launched there...BE CAREFUL...C.L.....
    P.S. I would have posted a report sooner ...My Grandaughter had the damn computer tied up....

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  6. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Thank you both. I'll probably launch at the RS ramp with the docks being out so I have someplace to put the boat without it banging on the rocks.