Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to try some night fishing from shore for some cats soon, do the parking lots and the park close at dusk? Dont want to get hassled by a ranger or anything for being out late, figured it would be better to ask first

·
STX 206 Viper
1,870 Posts
Park closes at 11:00PM. However, if you're fishing in a boat they'll let you stay out as late as you want. I think they'll leave you alone if you're shore fishing too, as long as you're not being an idiot. They don't lock up the parking lots, so you can leave whenever you want.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
You can shore fish as long as you want also. They won't let people hang out there but as long as you are fishing you can stay.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
The only place that doesn't get locked with a gate are the boat ramp lots, many of the other lots do get locked up while it mignt not be the lot itself but rather the access road that gets you into it, porter road turnaround is good all night along with a few other places just as long they're not park road access.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Yeah I think if you were in the marina or beach area they would shoo you out of there before locking the access road.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Let us know how you do. I tried nightfishing westbranch last week from the shore by the campground. I had what appeared to be 3 nice cat hits but was never able to hook into one (I committed the mortal sin of texting a chick while fishing, and paid for it...I have no one to blame but myself)...only fish I was able to keep on the hook was an 11 inch rock bass that hit my shrimp.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all for the info, thats what i thought the situation is there, but i feel reassured now. i was thinking of either trying the Rock Spring Rd boat launch in that little channel area next to it where the tables are, or the boat ramp area closest to the dam. Will see where i end up

1 - 7 of 7 Posts